no load command for commander?

pigdog

There seems to be no indication for changing ammo as the commander/gunner. If I want to change to a different ammo round, no text or audio message comes up. Shouldnt the audio play "loader load heat/sabot" ??

Or at least a text message "loader load heat/sabot next round" ?

Right now pressing insert/delete does nothing, so you never know for sure what round will be loaded next.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Well, with the exception of one sound in particular ("fire"), by design SB does not play voice commands for the position the user currently occupies.

But really, all you need to do is double tap the key for the round you want and it will get loaded unloaded and loaded in a tank. If you aren't sure what round you are telling the loader to load, just look in the top right in the commander's position and the red text will display of the round you are telling the loader to load next (flashing) or the round type that is currently loaded (not flashing).

I know the voice track is already there for the commander. Wouldnt it help the immersion factor to hear voices when commands are ordered?

So the loadout in the upper right corner is the only indication then.

Thanks

Well it depends where you come from, doesn’t it. :)

For me the “immersion” is shattered when I hear non Aust crew drills and responses.

I’m in the process of trying to persuade some colleagues to record a set of suitable responses but this along with US centric call signs etc. are just things I’ve had to learn to live with (not look forward to).

all the voices also sound like one person and it can get confusing when you dont know if the voice is from your tank unit or another when you are bouncing around different units.

A few more voices couldnt but help it.

• Moderators
all the voices also sound like one person and it can get confusing when you dont know if the voice is from your tank unit or another when you are bouncing around different units.

A few more voices couldnt but help it.

Well, in regards to your statement: there is a different voice for the radio, the TC, the gunner, the loader. Obviously more voices would be better (it is implied) but not all voices are coming from the same person, unless of course you have it set on Spanish or something like that.

And no, the design decision has always been that we never wanted voices for the entity you are currently occupying, because it is YOU, not the AI. If it were the other way around, then the situation you describe would be worse (not knowing who is saying what for what reason).

• 8 months later...

Could a feature be added in a future update wherein a player could enable/disable the voice of the occupied crew position?

I realize this probably wouldn't be feasible for the gunner's "on the way" response as it would have to precede the pull of the trigger. Unless there was a "respond" key or something. (Maybe it could be attached to the "Identified!/Cannot Identify!" buttons.) But really, I'd be happy with just the commander's dialogue.

***Note: I'd actually like to hear it all in German as I favor the Leo but I didn't want to mutilate your spelling. :)

• Members

Hm. Not sure if I get your point... if you want to hear the commander talking, be the gunner. If you want to hear the gunner, ho into the commander's position. If you want to hear both, just yell at the screen. This is a do-it-yourself simulation. ;)

WRT to the German voices, you can simply create your own mod. Copy all the three TXT files from C:\Program Files\eSim Games\SB Pro Demo\loc\English (US) into all the other language folders that are in the ..\loc directory. You can then pick any language option that you want, and will always see English menu text, but the voices will be those of the selected localization.

Tadaa!

Yeah, I've already got the German voices in the Eng Loc file. What I meant was I'd like to hear the commander say "Fahrer, langsam vorwart marsch!" when I press the "W" key. Like in a MP game when you don't have ownership of a vehicle.

Usually I am shouting at the screen. Sometimes it's orders, but mostly it's something like "Whoa!...Where the h*%# did that come from!?" I guess like DarkLabor, I don't want to disturb others. In this case it's my GF sleeping in the next room. We work opposite shifts so she's usually asleep when I'm on. Lately I'm getting closer and closer to not catching myself before I shout "Erkannt! Geschieße, achtung!" (Tried to be careful with that one, hope I got it right. The alternative would not be pleasant! :) )

• Members
"Erkannt! Geschieße, achtung!"

Wise-guys are soo popular, I know - but still, it's "Erkannt! Ich schieße - Achtung!"

Geschieße is "general shooting somehwere", but here's it's the warning for the loader to stand clear of the breech (as you know).

...just for the record.

still some more vocals for the tank crew would be much more immersive. And i can hardly imagine thants to hard to do..

Well I don't know about eSim's experience but trying to get a bunch of qualified people in the same room (suitable for recording) and then recording it to the required standard has been a herding cats issue for me for a while now.

It not something you can do in the Mess one day after work over a couple of beers.

Well I don't know about eSim's experience but trying to get a bunch of qualified people in the same room (suitable for recording) and then recording it to the required standard has been a herding cats issue for me for a while now.

It not something you can do in the Mess one day after work over a couple of beers.

To bad , i was seriously thinking to sign up for just such an occastion . ;)

Wise-guys are soo popular, I know - but still, it's "Erkannt! Ich schieße - Achtung!"

Geschieße is "general shooting somehwere", but here's it's the warning for the loader to stand clear of the breech (as you know).

Ahhh...that's why google translate was returning gibberish. My German teacher would be so cross with me.

Now I'm wondering if anyone who understands German has ever been walking past my house and heard me shouting from inside: "I'm shooting generally somewhere! Watch out!" Then ran for cover. :)