no load command for commander?

pigdog

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone's interested, I just figured out a way to do this...sort of.

All you have to do is:

1. Create a new folder on your desktop and name it something like "Shortcuts"
  2. Open the "C:\Program Files\eSim Games\SB Pro PE\loc\*\voices" file
  3. Create a shortcut in the "Shortcut" folder for the sound you want to play from the voices file
  4. Right click the shortcut and click "properties"
  5. In the "Shortcut key" field, enter the key(s) you want to use to play that sound
  6. Hit "Apply" and "OK"...Done!

Now you can hit the key combination in game and get the sound you want. For instance, if the TC designates a tank, you as the gunner could hit ctrl+alt+I and you would hear the gunner (you) reply: "Identified!"

If anyone's interested, I just figured out a way to do this...sort of.

All you have to do is:

1. Create a new folder on your desktop and name it something like "Shortcuts"
  2. Open the "C:\Program Files\eSim Games\SB Pro PE\loc\*\voices" file
  3. Create a shortcut in the "Shortcut" folder for the sound you want to play from the voices file
  4. Right click the shortcut and click "properties"
  5. In the "Shortcut key" field, enter the key(s) you want to use to play that sound
  6. Hit "Apply" and "OK"...Done!

Now you can hit the key combination in game and get the sound you want. For instance, if the TC designates a tank, you as the gunner could hit ctrl+alt+I and you would hear the gunner (you) reply: "Identified!"

That is ingenious, well done lad!

Hope this isnt too OT, but how easy would it be to record your own voice commands and have them played back to you in place of the exsisting recordings.

What I am talking about its modding my own (perhaps I could get a few fellow brit mates to take part) voice commands for a british voice mod for the chally.

Is it possible? Can anyone advise? Ive done proffesional voice overs in the past and have the recording equipment, its just the game mechanics I am ignorant of.

• Members
how easy would it be to record your own voice commands and have them played back to you in place of the exsisting recordings.

Well, in the ..\mods\sounds folder you'll find a list of all the files that you could put in there to substitute the stock sounds. How easy it is to make good own recordings depends on talent, experience, and your taste and standards of course.

What I am talking about its modding my own (perhaps I could get a few fellow brit mates to take part) voice commands for a british voice mod for the chally.

Incidentally, this forum's user "Crusty" is the designated team leader to do just that. If you want to be a voice actor, I'm sure he'll be glad to accept your help.

:)