Aus CO-OP campaign - Expressions of interest?

Gibsonm

Hi,

Having failed dismally by sleeping in the other morning, I thought I should offer penance for that and perhaps redress the balance by running a campaign from my machine.

Possible timings: 1900 or 2000Z (so I’m awake and its a bit later for the Europeans) or be a bast*ard and have it at 1800L (which is 0700Z) so that we on this side of the world are comfortable. :)

End decision will be based on feedback (so if 90% of the attendees are from Aust and you are in England I’d set the alarm to get up early).

The next hurdle is gaining permission to deploy AS Cav assets (confirm that publishing TTPs here is not a security breach).

Fictional location: Lower Hunter River with battles in / around NEWCASTLE (with companyteam’s nice map) and perhaps SINGLETON.

Tasking:

1. Recon Battle (hence the issue on Cav TTPs) with AS 1 BDE securing NEWCASTLE whilst screen pushes fwd to control the bridges over the Hunter and secure RAAF WILLIAMTOWN.

2. Concurrent with 1, the clearance of NEWCASTLE by Mech / Mot Inf with Tk spt.

3. Counterattack by Red to re occupy NEWCASTLE (their point of lodgement on the AS mainland and main Log hub) spt by possible reinforcing amphib lodgement vic STOCKTON BEACH (gives the Cav a delay mission).

4. Possible withdrawal in contact by 1 BDE to vic SINGLETON.

5. 1 BDE reinforced by elm of 7 BDE regain initiative and clear NEWCASTLE once and for all.

6. Tea and medals.

If Cav not possible: Recon elm might be something like Mot Inf with Bushmaster and Javelin equipped Inf (whole different set of challenges).

Air state: Parity. RAAF assets committed to Strat ME, denying follow on forces crossing the air sea gap. Threat forces limited numbers due to distance, log effort and limited numbers lodged.

Battle sizes: Would vary. Probably CT(+) to BG(-). Mention of BDEs to just allow a variety of force selection. Don’t intend to have 1 BDE all on the map, all at once. :)

Edited by Gibsonm

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18-1900Z (Zulu is GMT right?) Saturdays or Sundays?

You need a logistic/repair dude?

1. Yes, Zulu is GMT.

2. Probably on a Friday / Saturday (as that would convert to Saturday / Sunday morning here).

3. Always need logistics.

Note though I said 1900 - 2000Z (not 1800 - 1900 ;)).

Getting up at 4 my time to be ready for a start at 5 is bad enough when just participating, let alone running it.

Also tk fire echoing through the house at “OMG, its early” is an excellent recipe for divorce.

well my friday I cant participate (I Work to saturday morning 0530 Zulu)

But most Saturdays I can participate. I keep my night rytmen over the weekends as well so if the campaign starts 2300Z doesnt bother me at all.

Let me know what Logistic vehicles you will use and I will see if I can knock up some Aussie camo for them.

Well that’s a vote for the Saturday night (zulu time) option. :)

Re vehicles, you’d have:

ASLAV CSS / amb, etc. which is already in Auscam.

Bushmaster, again already done.

M88, I think could do with one.

Trucks.

Oh and a biggie, the current M1 Auscam mod isn’t 2.5x friendly (IIRC). I wasn’t going to worry about it but if I’m flooded with interest that maybe worth following up.

any truck will work.

A note on the ASLAV-CSS. I have never ever got it to resupply any vehicle. not even ASLAV-25. Just tried it out and its the same issue again. So the -CS is useless in a scenario.

Edit: URAL and HEMT has no self defence.

MAN has self defence (Lemur) but is slow.

So its up to you what you want to achieve with the trucks.

Hmm,, OK well looks like we’ll have a combination of:

ASLAV-CS, ASLAV-Amb, M113-repair and HEMT.

The echelon for this would be a combination of the Cav ech, and the Tk / Mech / Mot ech.

Unarmed trucks are fine (ours are apart from a digger with his personal weapon - no remote weapon stations) but we can add the ASLAVs for “colour” and local protection if they don’t actually do anything else (in reality they would only carry ASLAV spares and ammo and couldn’t resupply the other vehicle types - except for MG ammo).

They don’t carry fuel either so that’s why even if everything “worked” it would be a combination of vehicles.

Yes Ammo and Fuel.

As to M88 markings, well traditionally each vehicle it would be named (if we go with them coming from Support Sqn then starting with “S” and not just something the crew makes up, the OC would have to approve it - for example my B Sqn HQ vehicles were “Befuddled”, “Bewildered” and “Bemused” :)).

So as they are in pairs you might see “Salvation” or “Scrap Dealer” or “Sidchrome” (a local tool maker) but AIUI we can’t currently have different names on different vehicles.

They would also have a radio callsign (again unique) painted on say “84A” on one and “84B” on the other. But again this would be confusing here as the map view wouldn’t reflect that and again they can’t be unique per vehicle.

So overall I think “as is” is fine. :)

Edited by Gibsonm

Yes.

TO&E would be:

ARH

ASLAV

ASLAV PC

ASLAV Amb

Biber/AVLB ? (I know in real life the AVLB bridge can’t spt a M1 but can’t recall if that’s modelled - I think its one bridge suits all)

Bushmaster

CH-47

HEMT

M1A1

M113AS4

M113 FO

M113 Repair

Mercedes “jeep”

MRH90

UAV

And maybe some other “stuff”. Haven’t done detailed planning yet because if no one’s interested, there’s no point. :)

Also tk fire echoing through the house at “OMG, its early” is an excellent recipe for divorce.

Along with a scream of "UP!"

I guess learning how to avoid household projectiles is handy skill.

Note though I said 1900 - 2000Z (not 1800 - 1900 ;)).

This would be my prefferrrreerred *Spluh*

Ahem, I like this one.

(Sorry Brain spelling function is misfiring.)

Anyway, Need a FOOTAC with UAV Piloting experience?

And Hand of God like ability with heavy guns?? (this one is optional :))

Anyway, Need a FOOTAC with UAV Piloting experience?

And Hand of God like ability with heavy guns?? (this one is optional :))

Well yes to both but not sure about the implied ego in “Hand of God” :)

UAVs are unarmed platforms but the guns would be our impending Pzh2000s. Probably a Mdm Regt (3 Btys, each with 3 Tps of 2 veh so 9 fire units).

The bad news is as this is “now” we probably wont have access to ICM / DPICM due to certain treaty restrictions.

But I’m open to bribes. :)

Also if 7 BDE gets involved they have the M777 gun so you’ll need to manage their coming into and going out of action. Can’t just drive away like the Pzh2000s.