challenger 2

tanker6742@hotmail.com

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who is interested in volunteering their services to help put together a British English voice localisation package for eSim?

This idea was discussed in the past, and now a playable Challenger 2 is on the way there is more reason to follow it up.

This video shows the different commands used in British tanks compared to the generic US speech we currently hear in-game:

Q

Edited by Quagmire
Typo

So who is interested in volunteering their services to help put together a British English voice localisation package for eSim?

I would, but I fear mine isn't quite Audiophonic (photogenic for sound) enough.

As for the lingo used in the turret, ask Mr IrishHussar.

• Members

There's still time - essentially all summer. Maybe ask on ARRSE or Tanknet for more volunteers. It's a worthy cause, after all. Then again British players make up the third largest customer group of SB Pro PE sales (by nationality). That should give a sufficient pool size to draw from.

Now git out of yer closets, by golly!

I would, but I fear mine isn't quite Audiophonic (photogenic for sound) enough.

As for the lingo used in the turret, ask Mr IrishHussar.

I think you'd be fine Alex,

I rather like the idea if a few regional accents,

Could you imagine a Scot, a welshman, a geordie and a Londoner all in the same crew, they'd each need a translation book :eek2:

• Members

We'll have to start with generic sounds, I'm sorry.

The purpose of this prototype is to create some interest in the British Army so that, maybe, they recognize that most of what they need is already there and that only very little extra effort is needed. Or maybe some crew members can do some recordings on their own and give it to us. Either way, we need to show that the thing is within reach in SB Pro even if it won't be perfect at first.

Which is in the best of British traditions anyway - fitted for, but not with the original sounds. ;)

As I'm going to send out press releases next week anyway: We now have a playable Challenger-2 in SB Pro, and will present it to the general public in May.

It's an ... interesting, and decidedly British fire control system, I have to say, with differently behaving reticles for day and thermal sight. Someone deserves a thorough spanking for this.

We shall see at the ITEC if our solution matches the quality of the VBS model. ;)

Thanks for the hard work, cant wait.:gun:

As I'm going to send out press releases next week anyway: We now have a playable Challenger-2 in SB Pro, and will present it to the general public in May.

It's an ... interesting, and decidedly British fire control system, I have to say, with differently behaving reticles for day and thermal sight. Someone deserves a thorough spanking for this.

We shall see at the ITEC if our solution matches the quality of the VBS model. ;)

There is a good reason for the different behaviour of the Thermal and Visual sights - one is mounted on the turret and is therefore not slaved to the gun whilst the other is - yes you could shoot the designer but it does work...

Will we get aided lay?