challenger 2

tanker6742@hotmail.com

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
The inclusion of new crewable C2 before of the T72 will be as laughing in our faces.

I'm not sure if you just want to provoke me to spill the beans. In case that you're serious about it, you sound like those people who would reject a Lamborghini for the lack of a cup holder.

I mean, you're from Spain, and you get the Centauro, the Leopardo 2E, the Pizarro, and the VEC in Steel Beasts, three playable vehicles, never before simulated anywhere else. We add another one, but nooo, "it's the wrong one!", "what an insult!"

WTF?!

Am I the only one who thinks that this is utterly crazy?

Why is it that you can focus only on the negative, only speak about what's "not there"?

SB Pro is about the most ambitious project ever to combine as many playable post-WW2 armored fighting vehicles in high fidelity. Including IFVs - who simulated them before us?

I don't demand lickspittling fanboys to cheer for just any decision that we make. But really, it get's tiresome to get lambasted every. single. time. whenever we are announcing a new version and the full spectrum of new features isn't even remotely published. All I want is a fair chance for a new release. Before you pass judgment, at least wait until you actually know what's going to be in it.

It's pretty easy to control me: The more pressure you apply, the more resistance you will meet.

Well, I don't like to get into this kind of discussion, but - what the hell - being quite candid I have to say I'll be infinitely more happy with a playable Chally 2 that any version of the T-72. I would be in Nirvana if we had a playable M1A2 SEP - but I'm not complaining either - the latest version already included vehicles (like the "M1A0") that I never expected to ever see in this sim.

What I really would like to see are the models and skins of the Leopard 2E brought up to the M60A3, M1, M1A1, M1A2, Leo2A4, Chally2, T-72M4CZ, T-72M1, T-72B, T-72M, T-55M - just to cite the MBT's - standards. But I'm not pressing the matter too, because I'm sure that will happen the same way the others have. At this point, I really believe they will give us more than we ask for - if they have the possibility to do it.

But this is just me...

- Are we sure this discussion belongs to the Mods Discussion Section?

I think we all should be very happy with what we got and what we will get in the future. Where else can you come home from a long day, drink a beer while racing around shooting bad guy tanks. When you’re finished, you do not have to pull hours of maintenance and clean weapons. It is always a comfortable 72 degrees F and the beer is always ice cold. You may even get lucky and have the wife bring you a few while you are shooting. What more could you ask for?:cvc::gun::drink:

Personally I don't give a toss about a playable T72, don't care if it's never implemented, for me it's just a target

I know the guys work hard to give us what they do, and am never disapointed with every new release, the M1 M60 and extra T tanks (does T stand for target) in the last release was great :)

But I have to say that I feel like all my Christmasses, and Birthdays are coming at once with the Challenger 2 being playable, to say I'm estatic is an understatment :biggrin:

Glass half full not half empty :)

• Moderators

Well, we all have our own individual wants and wishes. Not everyone will be happy, but the good news is that not everyone will be unhappy either.

One day it would be nice to have a playable T-72, just like it would be nice to have any other playable tank. I think if the goal is not to have a playable tank of every major tank ever made (from all time periods) then we are wrong. It is an unrealistic goal, yes, but an armor simulation game company should still strive for that goal, especially when the game company is filled with AFV enthusiasts. So, lets all calm down and take it one day at a time like we have been doing all these years. ;) No need for anyone to trash someone's dream (playable) tank.

Sorry If I got carried away in anger, was not my intention to annoy you Nils, simply got angry and put the results here. Sorry again.

But you're doing a mistake with me here. I'm spanish yes, but like Crusty that "don't give a toss about a crewable T-72", I'm not really interested in those spanish vehicles, I usually play in the Leo1 or now the M1 (nice addition). But my all time favourite is the T-72, thats why I want it included. And for the people that say that no one will want to play it cause is a "bad" tank, remember that the T-72 can be used against T-55, T-62, Leo1, M-60, other T-72's... not only against the M1A1, the late Leos or the C2. Of course Esim games will do what they think is better for the company, thats right, I simply hope that they add the crewable T-72 soon, I will be more than happy with the gunsights only.

My 2 cents. Again Nils, sorry for my reaction. Do you want my post edited?

I'm personally happy with whatever comes along in the next update. What I would really be keen on is a better map editor - or at least being able to select/rotate move more objects at the same time, and objects having separate groups so that you wouldnt have to scroll through the list all over again once you want to put something on the map (but I guess that is going to happen sometime in the future)

The playable C2 is more than I could have hoped for! Time for the british OIF (don't know how the islanders codenamed it ; )

• Members
Do you want my post edited?

Heavens, no!

You had to vent, so did I. :)

We may not have perfect freedom of speech here, but like I wrote, I'm not after unquestioning devotion either. You like the T-72, and it's perfectly legitimate to write so. We just happen to disagree about the implications of a Challenger implementation in SB Pro over a T-72 implementation.

I'm personally happy with whatever comes along in the next update. What I would really be keen on is a better map editor - or at least being able to select/rotate move more objects at the same time, and objects having separate groups so that you wouldnt have to scroll through the list all over again once you want to put something on the map (but I guess that is going to happen sometime in the future)

The playable C2 is more than I could have hoped for! Time for the british OIF (don't know how the islanders codenamed it ; )

T'was: Op Telic.

And Crusty the glass is not half full/empty it is:

"Fitted for, but not with, 50% extra Ale."

:biggrin:

Will be different 3D infantry? Taliban monkeys?

I will love to see this included in the new update, specially irregular (taliban or wathever forces), but I will love even more If we can see the crew of the vehicles, in 2 or 3d, but visible. Will add a lot of inmersion If we can see tank crews outside the hatches:

2994929573_62da68a89b.jpg

M113 and Humvee gunners!!

m113-4.jpg

humvee_tow_top1.jpg

And the Thecnhicals will win a lot If Esim add a driver and the gunner!

5162618473_6186600ae3.jpg

The old game M1TP2, had a 2d crew that worked pretty well. Will try to get some pics, and you will see. It was in 2d, but worked pretty well from all angles.

EDITED: I found a pic with a Humvee gunner. A dawn battle in Iraqi desert. Works pretty well for a 13 years old game isn't it??

m1tp2_r.jpg

SBProPE will win a lot of inmersion with this kind of "eye candy"

A very good idea Sir! I'd like to see it. Another idea is different template sets for buildings with Middle-Eastern, North American, European buildings and so on. Of course you should be able to use them all on a map but for starters it would be good to have them organized in geographical themes.

SBProPE will win a lot of inmersion with this kind of "eye candy"

HaHaHa! NO crew, NO blood&death [medics mend ''crew''], NO real corpses [zombie], NO BIG FIRE & SMOKE. Abstraction, abstraction, abstraction.

ABSTRACTISCH. PRAKTISCH. GUT.OctagonConstructionAni.gif

Edited by mp96

• 2 weeks later...