challenger 2

tanker6742@hotmail.com

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What threat? I recall being able to count on one hand the number of confirmed SAM engagements since the beginning of the war (10+ years).

Yes true.

From the amount of air platforms, (helo included) I saw on a day to day basis, the threat from manpaks was not a problem. I would think dust/sand would be the bigger threat to a crew flying there.:biggrin:

Yes, plus small arms and the ubiquitous RPG's.

@Strormrider_SP: The SAM threat was rated as "low" in Afgh. You were as likely to be hit by one of those as you were a snowball. Just because they might be there, doesn't mean they're being used or can be used (for various reasons).

Yes, plus small arms and the ubiquitous RPG's.

@Strormrider_SP: The SAM threat was rated as "low" in Afgh. You were as likely to be hit by one of those as you were a snowball. Just because they might be there, doesn't mean they're being used or can be used (for various reasons).

Am I the only one who´ve read Ed Macy´ series?

Am I the only one who´ve read Ed Macy´ series?

I don't know who has read some book, but I do know that TacBat isnt the only one here who has flown missions in Afghanistan, so I think I'll take his word on the subject.

Mog