challenger 2

tanker6742@hotmail.com

It's ... unique, in a way. You'll have to wait for the release to find out why.

I'm guessing it'll be like the AS1 FCS:

Lase, track, lase again, hope the planets are in alignment, offer a prayer to the_List, Lase yet again, Fire.

:)

Oh almost forgot:

**All hail the_List!!**

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to get there myself but I am having trouble getting time off. It looks like there will be much to see.

Irish

With ref to ITEC KOELN 2011

Its confirmed my holidays are authorized, ferry booked and I'm just looking for a cheap hotel near the city centre or even a camping platz will do. I will be arriving on my motorcycle Tues midday and leaving midday Thur, anybody fancy a beer??

Its confirmed my holidays are authorized, ferry booked and I'm just looking for a cheap hotel near the city centre or even a camping platz will do. I will be arriving on my motorcycle Tues midday and leaving midday Thur, anybody fancy a beer??

I could be tempted :biggrin:

• Members
Ssnake, btw...what about that odd looking control handel of them brits?

How does it work?

The closest equivalent is a console game controller with an analog stick on top (it's a piezo-electric device in the real thing, similar to the Leo 2 commander's control stick).

Yes, it would be like controlling the turret with an Xbox 360 or PS3 thumbstick. Awesome idea! *sarcasm* :shocked:

I had a chance to play with it on ITEC, it was certainly 'special' but it worked surprisingly well.

(just the handles, no Challenger was available then)

- Rump

Yes, it would be like controlling the turret with an Xbox 360 or PS3 thumbstick. Awesome idea! *sarcasm* :shocked:

Thats exactly the rational, young men nowadays learn how to use Xbox and PS3 controller dexterity at a very early age so applying that to tank gunnery make good sense.

Irish

• Moderators
Thats exactly the rational, young men nowadays learn how to use Xbox and PS3 controller dexterity at a very early age so applying that to tank gunnery make good sense.

Yes, I suppose so, I was just saying it that way because it feels like it would be awkward to control a turret of a tank with only a thumb (difficult to track on a target I would think because of the limited range of motion that a thumb stick would provide). But who knows, I am just used to my cadillacs (never played around with the Challenger control handles).

If AFV Sim would send me a Chally 2 control handle, I am sure I would love it. ;)

Yes, I suppose so, I was just saying it that way because it feels like it would be awkward to control a turret of a tank with only a thumb (difficult to track on a target I would think because of the limited range of motion that a thumb stick would provide). But who knows, I am just used to my cadillacs (never played around with the Challenger control handles).

If AFV Sim would send me a Chally 2 control handle, I am sure I would love it. ;)

Well actually the British have been using thumb controllers as far back as the eary eighties when Cheiftan was upgraded to the IFCS mod. Having changed from Duplex to thumb, then onto "PS 3" I can tell you it does not take that long to become accustomed to the new controllers.

Just think for that authentic feel with CR2 all you need to do is remap a usb PS 3 controller LOL

Irish

Edited by IrishHussar

Well actually the British have been using thumb controllers as far back as the eary eighties when Cheiftan was upgraded to the IFCS mod. Having changed from Duplex to thumb, then onto "PS 3" I can tell you it does not take that long to become accustomed to the new controllers.

Just think for that authentic feel with CR2 all you need to do is remap a usb PS 3 controller LOL

Irish

Or an Xbox 360 given that it comes with USB as standard.

Though the sticks are a bit funny.

heh, many of us have waited 8 years or more.

Well, If they had time to add at least the gunsights of the Challenger 2, sure they had time before that to add the gunsights of the T72, at least of the M4 that shares IIRC a good part of the Centauro fire control, or at least I hope for that.

The inclusion of new crewable C2 before of the T72 will be as laughing in our faces.

Edited by Stratos

Well, If they had time to add at least the gunsights of the Challenger 2, sure they had time before that to add the gunsights of the T72, at least of the M4 that shares IIRC a good part of the Centauro fire control, or at least I hope for that.

The inclusion of new crewables M1A2 and C2 before of the T72 will be as laughing in our faces.

Well, I take every new tank in the sim as in comes along...

And I still take it as set that e-sim includes models in hope to sell X000€/$ contracts, rather then 125$ licenses.

Convince the Czech MoD to buy SB pro...and of we go :-P