Report a Bug

Assassin 7

I'm not sure if you guys already know about this. I was editing one of my mission and I set the map for no map view. I then played my mission on single player and seen the map still displayed during the mission. I then hit the F5 key and my turret traversed left. My view then moved into the loader position inside the turret. I also was driving at one point and I hit a tree. I was then able to move my view from left to right while trying to take down the tree. All of this happen in the Leo 2E and the STRV 122. I have pictures of this but I do not know how to put them in the forms here.Thanks :gun:

Edited by dta delta

I'm not sure if you guys already know about this. I was editing one of my mission and I set the map for no map view. I then played my mission on single player and seen the map still displayed during the mission. I then hit the F5 key and my turret traversed left. My view then moved into the loader position inside the turret. I also was driving at one point and I hit a tree. I was then able to move my view from left to right while trying to take down the tree. All of this happen in the Leo 2E and the STRV 122. I have pictures of this but I do not know how to put them in the forms here.Thanks :gun:

I also put the pictures in teamspeak in the SB lobby file browser

• Moderators

Yes, this is known and has already been fixed for the next update.

One thing to keep in mind in the future:

With no map view, the Leo 2E and Strv 122 does still have a working map (the bug you describe of the view moving through the tank should be gone), but you have to be in the TC's position to use it. Once in the TC's position F5 key or clicking on the map itself will activate it, but F5 key in any other position does nothing.

Yes, this is known and has already been fixed for the next update.

One thing to keep in mind in the future:

With no map view, the Leo 2E and Strv 122 does still have a working map (the bug you describe of the view moving through the tank should be gone), but you have to be in the TC's position to use it. Once in the TC's position F5 key or clicking on the map itself will activate it, but F5 key in any other position does nothing.

What about the driver's part? If you hit a tree and try to continue forward your view can move from left to right and after the tree falls, then your view is stuck in that position until you go to another view.

• Moderators
What about the driver's part? If you hit a tree and try to continue forward your view can move from left to right and after the tree falls, then your view is stuck in that position until you go to another view.

Well, I couldn't tell from your original post that this was two different reports. The only thing I can say is, try this in another scenario with map turned on and, if possible, in other vehicles.

As Ssnake said, they are possibly related. The issue with the view going through tank thing is related directly to the map problem, and my guess is if you saw this in the same session, the map view bug put SB in a strange state that cause it to occur again in the driver's position. But again, the best way to know is to see if it happens in another session with the map view turn on.

Well, I couldn't tell from your original post that this was two different reports. The only thing I can say is, try this in another scenario with map turned on and, if possible, in other vehicles.

As Ssnake said, they are possibly related. The issue with the view going through tank thing is related directly to the map problem, and my guess is if you saw this in the same session, the map view bug put SB in a strange state that cause it to occur again in the driver's position. But again, the best way to know is to see if it happens in another session with the map view turn on.

sure, Well I just check it using a M1A1 with map updates on and the bug still occurs.

• Moderators

Ok, I just tried what I think you described and I am not seeing it. Can you describe every step you do to see this happen? List the steps like a list please, so I can be sure to see the same thing you are seeing. For example:

1) Start to Mission Editor

2) Run in TEST mode

3) Get into the Leo 2E's driver's position

4) .....

One thing I need to know, are you driving the tank with the joystick or the keys?

--------------------

BTW, moderators, can we move this thread to the Support forum please?

Ok, I just tried what I think you described and I am not seeing it. Can you describe every step you do to see this happen? List the steps like a list please, so I can be sure to see the same thing you are seeing. For example:

1) Start to Mission Editor

2) set map updates to on

3) get out of mission edition

4) go to offline session

5) start Mission with Leo 2E, Mission has to have trees that cannot be ran over.

6) drive up to the tree and then drive into the tree and try to turn.:gun:

One thing I need to know, are you driving the tank with the joystick or the keys? Joystick

:gun:

• Moderators

Hmm, yes, I see the view swivel to one side when the tank is hung up on something and you attempt to pivot steer while it remains stuck on the object. I believe this is what you describe. Yes, I can see how that would be annoying - I will report it to be fixed in the future.

In the mean time: besides changing views to fix it, you can (of course) recenter the view with the mouse.

Thanks for the report.

Hmm, yes, I see the view swivel to one side when the tank is hung up on something and you attempt to pivot steer while it remains stuck on the object. I believe this is what you describe. Yes, I can see how that would be annoying - I will report it to be fixed in the future.

In the mean time: besides changing views to fix it, you can (of course) recenter the view with the mouse.

Thanks for the report.

Sure

• 2 weeks later...