Map Request Thread

Mogwa

Can we please keep blather to a minimum in this thread. This is why I lose track of requests. If you want to discuss a map which is in production then start a separate thread.

EMiner I have looked at the coordinates you gave. Please find an attached KMZ file. Is this correct. Doesn't look like a particularly interesting map area. Lots of flat land and a big city.

NSF_rar.6cd35acf9540bbeaef0a8e3a96856d9d

NSF.rar

Thanks for the reply Dark Angel. Yep that's the area I'd like to get. Since it's within the US I suspect there's a lot of data available and hopefully roads and other items can be included. I'm not at all sure how that works but from the instructions it sounds like such items will be helpful.

Let me know if you need more info. And, THANKS for your time on this!! It's much appreciated!

Eric

• 3 weeks later...
Hello, would like to request an 80km by 80 km map with center at MGRS coordinate 15S WC 9771 5032 This should be for an area in central Missouri, USA.

Thank you in advance to anyone willing to take up the request.

Doug

Hello everyone, a quiet little bump for the above request. Having said that, I know that those of you who make the maps are entirely volunteers working on this in your limited spare time, which I appreciate, so if this bump seems hasty please disregard for now. If it would help any, I intend to overlay the map with USGS aerial photo maps to do the vegetation, roads and house bit by bit, so if integrating that stuff using data files chews up too much time, it can be skipped. Thank you all again for all you do.

Doug

• 2 weeks later...
I'll have to second this request, as the only available height map for Graf is actually way too far to the north-east.

Uh, I wasn't aware that there is actually a height map for Grafenwoehr. Well the area I'm looking for will be this one ...

Image2_zpsd7fa8709.jpg

As I have access to Global Mapper I can download SRTM Worldwide Elevation Data (3-arcsecond Resolution) and export it into a DTED (0-2) file.

Jens

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I'm new to Steel Beasts and would like to let everyone know that I am loving it. I am stationed at Fort Riley, KS and am developing light weight training simulator for my Armor Company.

I would really love it if someone could make a terrain map of the Fort Riley training area. It is pretty flat out here so their shouldn't be to much work on the contour lines. If that is to much at least a small map of the range where we conduct our gunneries. This would allow me to accomplish my primary goal of creating a gunnery training device.

It is basically a mock up of all the panels in the gunners station. It will be a great tool to practice "switchology" but I am taking it one step further by attempting to sync it up with this game. It is kind of daunting as I am having to convert toggle switches and knobs to key strokes amongst other things but it is coming along nicely.

As I am new to this site and game, I am not sure what map information I need to provide in order get someone started on making the map. Do yall need Grid Coordinates? Latitude and Longitude? Just let me know!

I really appreciate your help and I welcome any advice!

Welcome to the Forum!

As I am new to this site and game, I am not sure what map information I need to provide in order get someone started on making the map. Do yall need Grid Coordinates? Latitude and Longitude? Just let me know!

Well the very first post does include:

You should include the relevant information for the map. This includes the lat/long info for the southwest corner of the map. If you dont know this info then the next best course of action would be a accurate description the mapmaker can use to locate the area. A Google Earth placemark may be helpful too. If someone starts making your map they will probably get in touch with you if they need more info.

I guess I should have paid more attention to detail and read that....jeese...lol

I am attaching two things.

The first is an image from Google Earth. I used paint to draw the boundaries of the training area. The numbered points correspond to easily identifiable boundary points.

The second attachment is a text file that has the latitude and longitude for those points. The numbers correspond to the numbers on the map.

If the entire training area is to much to make, I have also highlighted the two ranges that we use. The latitude and longitude for those ranges are also on the image and in the text file.

I really appreciate your help guys! I am hoping that this will really make an excellent training aid!

56e83d0e9f900_FortRileyMap.jpg.84341fe6e

56e83d0ea2086_FortRileyMapPoints.txt.01f

56e83d0e9f900_FortRileyMap.jpg.84341fe6e

Fort Riley Map Points.txt

Still waiting my map but no hurry , got first child (now about 2months old ) so i have about zero game time for now :c:

Welcome to the club!

Congrats and best wishes to mother and child.

Don't worry, you will not be able to play much, but even with 2 kids: one night of SB at least every 2 weeks is doable :-)

Hi,

can anybody (who is in possession of the SB Pro version) produce me a hgt-map if I provide the corresponding DTED data? The area I'm interested in is the Grafenwoehr Training area in southern Germany.

Jens

Hej Jens!

I have produced several Terraindatabases of Grafenwöhr using open source GIS data and TerraTools exports..including SBPro that I would be willing to give away for free.

simply send me an email: ulf.krahn@terranis.se

Cheers

WarUlf