Map Request Thread

Mogwa

Not new rules. Just increased "law enforcement" on the exisisting rule-set.

So what in the rule-set got violated? Eisen asked a question and got an answer, perhaps not the one he was looking for. Did either involved in that short discourse suffer an ad hominum attack?

Delighted to see that discussion of the moderation of this forum is going to be tolerated. (I think). There are places in the world where criticising the activities of the police force or querying government decisions (let alone being critical of the head of state) lands you in jail - or worse. I'm sure we don't want to be one of those places. :)

Tjay I respect this ban, sometimes it is better to Stop Things than let it escalate more.

DA: It´s OK for me, but I thought it would be of interest for the commercial Users of SB too.

Comes Time comes Map, perhaps if a other User ask for it.

So give me virtual Five, have a virtual Beer and have a new start.

Hi Eisen

I also respect it in that I have not, and do not intend to, complain about it. I still consider my comment valid, but that's a different matter.

If we are to have a reasoned debate about moderation of the forum, a new thread needs to be opened with that as its title. I've said my bit for the moment, so it won't be me!

Cheers. :)

Tjay I respect this ban, sometimes it is better to Stop Things than let it escalate more.

DA: It´s OK for me, but I thought it would be of interest for the commercial Users of SB too.

I agree with the spirit of moving forward.

However its important to solve issues between individuals.

Perhaps folks should try and not keep things bottled up but rather communicate issues in PM/ email.

Respect

Perhaps folks should try and not keep things bottled up but rather communicate issues in PM/ email.

+1. The mods could err, 'encourage' this by telling the protagonists to either Take it Private, or risk a ban. This might well eliminate dirty laundry being washed in public. And - before someone accuses me of hypocrisy - I readily admit to having done it in the past. But I undertake not to do so in future. :)

But this discussion has now moved to the Moderation thread in General Discussion, recently opened by Ssnake.

A (set of) map(s) request.

From the general area of Bremen, north to Cuxhaven, east to the former DDR border.

When I was a member of the forward brigade of the 2nd Armored Division the only thing they told us about where we would initially deploy was "East of Bremen." It would be interesting, for me at least, to figure out some possible scenarios that I could have been involved in.

A (set of) map(s) request.

From the general area of Bremen, north to Cuxhaven, east to the former DDR border.

When I was a member of the forward brigade of the 2nd Armored Division the only thing they told us about where we would initially deploy was "East of Bremen." It would be interesting, for me at least, to figure out some possible scenarios that I could have been involved in.

Look at this graphic:

mapz_zpspp3yj1ex.png

The yellow boxes are existing or planned (SB ProPE and user requested) maps in that area. The large yellow baxes are the approximate size of the largest map possible in ProPE. From looking at the map I can see that there is an east/west highway running from the interGerman border straight into Bremen and the is a large road network that converges on Hamburg. These could be places that there would be a fight.

As noted in the very first post in this thread you can use google earth to show the SW corner of a map you would like to request.

The documents folder of SB has a file to drop into Google Earth that shows many of the existing maps included with SB if your interested.

Again, a reminder, I do not make maps, I assist Dark and others as they are very busy folks working on many projects. So Im just trying to clarify what you really want so that Dark can concentrate on making maps.

Mog

Edited by Mogwa

You serve in Garlstedt ? I´m from Cuxhaven ;-)

This might be of interest:

http://www.orbat85.nl/order-of-battle/nato-command-structure.html#command-structure

Thank you, it is of great interest to me.

I, unfortunately, lacked personal transportation and was unable to visit Cuxhaven when I was there. I hope to go back and visit one day, soon. Especially since i found out that my fathers family might have come from the area between Lubeck and Kiel.

• 1 month later...
Whats the going rate for map production and whats the limit of size?

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showpost.php?p=193830&postcount=1

"Remember the people who can make these maps are doing this on their own time, this isnt their job."

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showpost.php?p=193843&postcount=4

"SB allows sizes in 2km increments from 12km to 120km per side, maps over 80km though are not easy to deal with"

Whats the going rate for map production and whats the limit of size?

A scenario created by SB Pro PE is limited to 20km by 20km.

A scenario created in SB Pro is limited to the 120km by 120km (from memory) but can be played by SB Pro PE users (this is what we have done with the last two Rolling Thunder events).

A scenario created by SB Pro PE is limited to 20km by 20km.

A scenario created in SB Pro is limited to the 120km by 120km (from memory) but can be played by SB Pro PE users (this is what we have done with the last two Rolling Thunder events).

Since the question appears to be what is the size limit of a map that can be produced?, not what is the size limit to put a scenario on, this answer is still correct:

"SB allows sizes in 2km increments from 12km to 120km per side, maps over 80km though are not easy to deal with"

and that is probably why most "big" maps out there are 80 X 80 Km

Mog

Since the question appears to be what is the size limit of a map that can be produced?, not what is the size limit to put a scenario on, this answer is still correct.

Mog

I didn't say that your answer wasn't.

I was just trying to add some information about the playable limits of a scenario using a portion of a given map.

• 1 month later...