Map Request Thread

Mogwa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, 1-DRAGON here. I had posted a thread today and Tacbat was kind enough to suggest I post on this thread about a map issue I have. I am developing the 'China In The Bull Shop' scenario and wanted to add hills/mountains but can't - pls see thread:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?p=269002&posted=1#post269002

I don't have software access to edit the bump-map in the _hgt file. Would anyone be interested in dropping a few frame-rate friendly hills and passes in the scenario where the large body of water is in my scenario. I can provide the latest map file I use with it's height map file too.

I hope everyone is well,\; take care,

Marino (1-DRAGON)

• 4 weeks later...

Ladies and gentlemen I present to you: Kassel, Germany. Playground for 2.Panzergrenadier Division of the W.German III Korps, Soviet 27th Guards MRD of the 1st GTA, and 79th Guards TD of the 8th Guards Army.

attachment.php?attachmentid=13616&stc=1&d=1425767617

DarkAngel, I know you just mentioned how busy you are so please excuse my poor timing. I don't mean to pile it on. I'm just throwing the idea and the request out there. Thanks.

EDIT: Belay that! I just realized the scenarios (and OOB's) for this location can also apply for the stock Hannover and Beedenbostal maps. I shall look into those maps instead. To an extent the same might be said about the Heilbronn request below and the stock Fulda map but the tank heavy 1st AD is an interesting mixture that varies from 11th CAV's (I'm thinking scenario differences where 11th CAV is a speed bump and 1st AD is a solid wall).

request_Kassel.jpg.4591fdef25f9537faa990

request_Kassel.jpg.4591fdef25f9537faa990

Edited by Scrapper_511
Replaced Celle with Beedenbostal.

And one more request, this time Heilbronn, Germany. Playground for elements of the Soviet 1st Guards Tank Army, 3rd Army, and US 1st Armored Division.

attachment.php?attachmentid=13618&stc=1&d=1426698910

South West corner indicated in red box.

Thanks for your consideration!

Edit:

The dimensions I used to create the box in the attachment were rough estimates by eye. I just learned how to use the ruler in Google Earth and I measured a 60x60km that largely covers the desired region.

The appropriate southwest corner would then be:

49 08'05" N

8 52'05" E

request_Heilbronn.jpg.d271f571da444e16cc

request_Heilbronn.jpg.d271f571da444e16cc

Edited by Scrapper_511

I know you're busy but I thought I'd drop you a 'reminder' message. When you get the time could you take a look at my request?

Thanks,

Eric

Height.

Terrain.

This is a basic terrain map with roads, terrain, rail and waterways.

I am working on a routine to keep walls off roads so at this time i have not included walls.

I have a file containing 70,000 buildings for this area. This may sound a lot but it doesn't include much more than the Stockton area. I will re check my sources for a more complete coverage and add these as they become available.

Edited by DarkAngel

I hope you don't mind me sneaking a peak eMiner, but I was very curious about DarkAngel's approach this time around. I gotta say: WOW! You got yourself an awesome map of Stockton. The map looks great, especially the level of detail included in the .ter map. The road and rail networks included look nice and neat and I'm sure will make the placement of landmarks and buildings vastly easier and quicker than ever before. And forget about needing to use overlays to trace rivers, they all seem to be already included in the .ter! I'm very jealous eMiner, I hope you make good use of the map!

Nice job DarkAngel, very nice job! And thank you for your time and effort.

DarkAngel,

Not only are you a scholar and a gentleman you're also a God!!! In no way did I ever expect anything a GREAT as this!! Thank you so much for the time you put into this!! I know my patience was thin at one time and that was mistake on my part.

If there's ever anything you need done in the way website coding, design/redesign, fixing or developing in general don't hesitate to ask!!

• 2 months later...

I would like to see a map of Gotland.

Gotland is a strategically important island in the Baltic sea.

Attached is an example of a plan to isolate the Baltics.

1. Capture Gotland to ensure air and sea superiority.
  2. Invade and isolate Finland. Capture south of Sweden to ensure the straits in and out of the baltics and set pressure on Denmark
  3. Annexation of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania and get them back in the Russian Federation.

Google coordinates SW: 57.480, 18.010

Size: 50 x 50 km

Operation_Enclose_Baltics.jpg.8dd5908d92

Operation_Enclose_Baltics.jpg.8dd5908d92

I would like to see a map of Gotland.

Gotland is a strategically important island in the Baltic sea.

Attached is an example of a plan to isolate the Baltics.

1. Capture Gotland to ensure air and sea superiority.
  2. Invade and isolate Finland. Capture south of Sweden to ensure the straits in and out of the baltics and set pressure on Denmark
  3. Annexation of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania and get them back in the Russian Federation.

Google coordinates SW: 57.480, 18.010

Size: 50 x 50 km

You are I think the 3rd person to ask for Gotland. I think I've already made 1 height map for it. I will check. If I remember correctly though there was a problem with SRTM coverage of the area (is it above the 60 degree latitude limit?). I know Profevil was doing some work on the road data at one point.

You are I think the 3rd person to ask for Gotland. I think I've already made 1 height map for it. I will check. If I remember correctly though there was a problem with SRTM coverage of the area (is it above the 60 degree latitude limit?). I know Profevil was doing some work on the road data at one point.

Three requests, I hope it gets up on your work list then! :clin:

Gotland, Sweden, is south of the 60 degree latitude :luxhello:

4th request for Gotland. That Island is "hot" in northern europe, for fun called "air craft carrier Gotland".

And there is two books in swedish covering a fictional russian attack on Gotland that could be background for some nice scenarios.

/KT

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible to kindly ask for Central European (Czech/Austrian border) heightmap (possibly plus railways and major roads)?

The region I'm interested in is:

49° 0'00.13"N 16°56'40.00"E -> NW corner

48°40'55.00"N 16°16'19.00"E -> SW corner

attachment.php?attachmentid=13963&stc=1&d=1434380706

I've also attached the Google Earth polygon file; and if there is anything I could provide to help creating the heightfile without some special SW, I would gladly do it.

The Palava / Pollauer Berge region has been historically of great strategic interest to Czechs, since it provides natural corridor from Austria onto Brno, Czech second largest city, and Vyskov military academy, with only few scattered hills to provide overwatch.

I am particulary interested in it because I want to demonstrate SB Pro to some ex-CSLA T-55/T-72 tankers and ex-Generals Staff officer in late summer and it would be great to have strategically important Czech landscape for our little "war games", as well as for the Czech SB Pro community.

Palava_zip.3d9974d301a88843216e7a10e2808

Palava.jpg.e1f5798727fd7cf89c76d0fe5fb98

Palava.zip

Palava.jpg.e1f5798727fd7cf89c76d0fe5fb98

Edited by JustSomeGuy