Which version is the right version for old licence?

Pandur

please help me, i dug up my long lost dongle today and i want to get the game up again. i even just recently asked how much a new one would be...but i dont have the money right now for this.

anyways, i was playing 2.328 as my last version, that is what is on my CD.

now i am puzzled with the patching process.

i have 2.328 and the FAQ says,

SB Pro PE v2.328
» Install the SB Pro PE v2.328 hotfix.
» Install the Dec 2006 or later version of DirectX 9.0 End-User Runtime
* SB Pro PE v2.370 BETA (OBSOLETE)
* This beta version is a completely separate from the official releases and can be installed concurrently with any of the previous non-beta versions. It does, however, require a licensed CodeMeter stick with the latest CodeMeter Runtime in order to function.
» Download and Install SB Pro PE v2.370 beta exe.
» The latest release of DirectX 9.0 may be also necessary if it never has been updated.
SB Pro PE v2.460
» Uninstall all previous versions before installing.
» The latest release of DirectX 9.0 may be also necessary if it never has been updated.

now the last step would be to get 2.460 but in the news post on the main page it talk about 30$ for a licence upgrade. in theory, if i had the money i only see a upgrade to 2.5 licence in the shop whic is obviously for versions with 2.5XX number.

at this page http://www.esimgames.com/Downloads.htm#Steel%20Beasts%20Pro%20PE%202.370%20Beta, where i downloaded 2.370 it says about patch 2.483 "You MUST have a CodeMeter stick (USB Dongle) with an SB Pro PE license in order to run this update!"

ok i have this, but the 2.483 release notes say i need a 2.460 install to build on, but for 2.460 you need to pay or no? there seems to be 2 upgrades in the the list but in theory i can only purchase 2.5 (latest i guess).

so my question in the end is what version is the latest i can play with a code meter stick that was good for 2.328, and do i need so called obsolete patch 2.370? the FAQ seems to be outdated?

sorry but i just dont get it.

EDIT:

i want to add, i have SBproPE 3.328 installed now and did not mess with any patches to avoid a reinstall.

i see, so if 2.328 is the end of the line(with 2.370 beeing a seperate install) i should install the 2.328 hotfix only?

i think about the upgrade, at least i can skip one of two upgrades it seems. i like that :debile2:

• 2 weeks later...