Aust CO-OP Campaign - Thoughts Mission #3

Gibsonm

Well now I have some "spare" time but 2.620 is looming on the horizon.

Do people have a preference for either:

1. Getting another episode in before the upgrade, or

2. Wait until post 2.620 so the next engagement features some of the "new stuff"?

My two cents is wait until 2.620 comes out. The problem that I see is when it comes out in December some or if not all will be busy around xmas time. Unless it comes out on the first week of December. Has there been an announcement on when in December it will be released?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, no announcement date yet (AFAIK).

Also waiting until 2.620 lets me do work on it on SB Pro 2.572 without issues like the current Pro PE version being unable to open the file.

Currently I have to keep remembering to use SB Pro PE 2.552 whenever I work on it (I think that as soon as you save a file in 2.572 it records somewhere that you need 2.572 or better to run it, even if all you did was add some text).

• Members
My two cents is wait until 2.620 comes out. The problem that I see is when it comes out in December some or if not all will be busy around xmas time. Unless it comes out on the first week of December. Has there been an announcement on when in December it will be released?

We want to have the production finished in early December so that we can ship copies (for those that want it on a disc, and/or with the new manual) early enough to reach at least the majority of people before Christmas Eve. Naturally we can't guarantee it, but we'll try. And of course there will be the option to download the stuff. Like last time, we will put up the multi-volume archive to the server one after another so that on the release day you will have to download only the last volume.

That will avoid server crashes, give reasonably fast downloads for everybody, and nearly instant fun. :)

Do people have a preference for either:

1. Getting another episode in before the upgrade, or

2. Wait until post 2.620 so the next engagement features some of the "new stuff"?

If you already have a mission ready, or in the process of being built, I'd go ahead and play it. Then start fresh with the next mission when the update is released. I've had issues in the past with a mission that became almost unplayable when used in a newer version of SB then what it was created in.

• 2 months later...
Sooo. When is next time? :) I have some CSS to do! :biggrin:

Whinge, whinge, whinge....

Trying to spread the love.

We’d had Grenny’s, Zip‘s to come and then I think mine.

Last thing I want is to compete with someone else for the limited number of possible MP players.

just want some more CSS to do :) Zips campaign don't offer that much CSS work as we are a tank Sqn only kinda.

Pitty I had to regroup to B Sqn last saturday after all CSS planing I did!

Yes but last time I gave you a whole CSS trace and units allocations and you promptly ignored orders and drove off to hide them all in a big clump outside your allocated area.

Hmm maybe I should trigger some arty next time if you leave your zone ... :)

I need authorization for that.

And Frankly: I won't do it anyway. So, Nyah. :)

(Unless you pay an extortionate amount of beer for which you will need trucks, and lots of them, which is where a small problem may lie.)

:biggrin:

I need authorization for that.

And Frankly: I won't do it anyway. So, Nyah. :)

(Unless you pay an extortionate amount of beer for which you will need trucks, and lots of them, which is where a small problem may lie.)

:biggrin:

No RED artillery.

You are meant to be firing at the enemy! :)

Yes but last time I gave you a whole CSS trace and units allocations and you promptly ignored orders and drove off to hide them all in a big clump outside your allocated area.

I have no memory of that. And If I cant remember it I haven't done it, promise! :debile2:

must have been a good reason for it I'm sure, like air protection measures or sumethink :)