tarball

Port forwarding for NEWBIES/NOOBS/ROOKIES

Port Forwarding Help/issues?

If anyone needs help or even if you just want to test your ability to connect to a SB session, help is readily available. The Dogs of War are on most times on the official Teamspeak channel. We have a dedicated room "Boot Camp: Help for all". I am also available via pm. We have successfully helped many people with issues they thought or were told could not be fixed. We are here to help.

Teamspeak IP: 216.22.24.158 , Port 9987

Room: Dogs of War

Regards

Well after almost ten years of valued service, if you have 3.023 and aren't intending to host a session, we can pretty much retire this thread.

Did the thread get a retirement watch or pen? I am so out of touch with the game now.  How does it resolve these issues?  Is it UPnP?

12 hours ago, tarball said:

Did the thread get a retirement watch or pen? I am so out of touch with the game now.  How does it resolve these issues?  Is it UPnP?

Up to you mate, it's your thread. :D

No, when the client sends UDP packets to the host when initially connecting, the client router will keep that port open as long as there's at least some activity on it, the process is called Hole punching.

Edited by Rotareneg

Need some help with my new router. I've never seen a port forwarding seutp like this before. 

Sagemcom F@ast 5260. There's not much online about it. 

When I go to my admin page, I get the option to port forward

When I click on that, I come to a screen (seen below) that allows me to Create a New Port Mapping

You can see the options below...some of which I have no clue about. Protocol is the only thing I understand.

wtf modem.png

On 7/12/2017 at 2:06 PM, Apocalypse 31 said:

this is what my setup looks like...and getting an error when trying to save it all

wtf modem 2.png

This is probably a dumb question, but does the router give you an error if you change the external/internal ports for TCP-UDP to "2300-2400?"

I cannot replicate the error.

Sometimes it saves my settings, sometimes I get the error.

Regardless, the settings are not being applied (Even though it says so) and the ports aren't opening.

Will call the cable company on Monday.

On 3/23/2017 at 3:00 PM, Rotareneg said:

You only need to forward 2 ports for a SB 4 host: 2300 and 2400, UDP.

This right here....

Thank you! My router was not recognizing TCP/UDP ports 2300 thru 2400 for some reason, but worked with UDP only for 2300 and 2400. Weird. 

Works again. 

it works now.png

Edited by Apocalypse 31