Royal Scots Dragoon Guards C2 (desert)

Captain_Colossus

Well, it's not always that way, for example, the BATUS CR2 in this picture is similar but for the fact that it doesn't have the SB Pro uparmored side skirts.

QUOTE]

These are not BATUS tanks but are used in the Demo Sqn at Warminster on salisbury plain.

There are some signifficant differences between them and BATUS markings.

Irish

Well with regards to the C/S things have changed. You are correct in saying the TAC symbols are triangle for A Sqn, square for B Sqn, circle for C Sqn and a rectangle for D sqn.

However the C/S matrix used by all Sqns are identical and they differentiate by use of a daily changing C/S prefix.

This would mean 32 is the third troop corporals tank with 30 being the Troop Leader and 31 being the Troop Sergeant.

Hope this helps

Irish

It does indeed. Thanks. :)

So you’ve dropped the trailing letter but added a unique prefix (at least on the radio)?

So I presume the vehicle marking remains constant 30 in Triangle = Tpr Ldr, 3 TP, A Sqn but the radio call sign changes (otherwise the boys would never stop painting)?

So taking Irish Hussar's perspective as a guide, it looks as though BATUS units have most markings on the side hull identified by black boxes with white numbers and letters. Unfortunately, because I can't edit the decal files, I'd have to apply any symbols directly on the CR2 skin. This means markings would be reversed and mirrored on the flip side, kind of messing things up. That's why I couldn't add markings on the hull with my method.

I guess I can look for and learn a free paint program as an alternative if that improves things.

You might want to consider investing in Corel Photoshop, and downloading an nvidia DDS plugin. Ive found that works quite well for editing DDS files, albeit in another simulator.

BTW, very nice work on that Challenger skin. That looks very similar to what I saw at Larkhill in 2002. Seems a million years ago now.

• 3 months later...

Yes the 2 tone european scheme.

I may have some photographs somewhere, but in the interim this give the general idea of what the Demonstration Squadron used to look like. I assume its not been disbanded. I hope not because that was the worlds first tank unit. :(

Not disimilar to what you have done, Im just wondering would it as stock (if yo altered the file name) be compatible with that particular environment skin.