Gibsonm

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Exhibiting is a good way to burn lots of cash, so I'm not sure if we would really want to exhibit at I/ITSEC as long as for all practical matters there are no customers of ours in Northern America. I may be coming there this year as a visitor though, if there is interest.

So even you are home and I’m still in Cologne, waiting for the train! :(

Glad you arrived safely.

I was tempted to ask you for a lift so I could go to the museum in Munster today but I suspect the train trip from there to Frankfurt would have made things a bit tight in terms of catching the plane.

Anyway was good to meet the others in person and I’m currently working up a PowerPoint presentation to reflect the notes I used at the SB Pro user group meeting (we also need to start thinking about an AS video for next year - seems to be the “norm”). :)

• Members

To be honest, it would have been a tight fit with Christoph also being in the car and all the remaining equipment, so not only the schedule would have been squeezed. But let me know if there is a next time, and I'll try to come up with a contingency plan for such an eventuality.

Irish.

Ta. I also hope the feeling returns to your backside after that long ride on the motorcycle. :)

The PowerPoint covers our use of the product, user feedback and training effects, all UNCLAS and happy to provide.

Also had a long chat with a MAJ from your CTC you wanted a “user perspective” (after Nils’s sales pitch).

He asked for my email address so maybe we can help kick open the door on your behalf? :)

Now to get ITEC in Aus so you buggers have to travel! :)

Well I've just back to my PC this evening, so I'll download and post some pictures either Monday or Tuesday evening.

The exhibition was interesting and as usual I got to meet some fantastic people, and greet old friends too :)

Mark and Craig, it was a pleasure to meet and drink with you gentlemen, I enjoyed our late night counsel sessions in the Corkonian :drink:

• Members
I was tempted to ask you for a lift so I could go to the museum in Munster today but I suspect the train trip from there to Frankfurt would have made things a bit tight in terms of catching the plane.

Wehrtechnische Studiensammlung Koblenz might have been interesting as well, and is only 50min by train from Köln (I passed it twice on the weekend) - bummer.. maybe a trip can be organized in 2 years ;)

Wehrtechnische Studiensammlung Koblenz might have been interesting as well, and is only 50min by train from Köln (I passed it twice on the weekend) - bummer.. maybe a trip can be organized in 2 years ;)

Great, if I’d known before I’d left. :(

Unfortunately the link is in German so to an extent I’ll have to take your word for it.

Edited by Gibsonm

Something I forgot to ask about earlier.

On the train I noticed on the outskirts of Köln, some small areas of highly cultivated land (say 200m x 100m divided into say 10m x 10m areas) with smallish sheds on them (often flying German flags).

Are these the German version of the UK’s “allotments” (a small plot that suburban land owners have access to but not part of their home) or something else entirely?