Great to be back

After finishing up a tour at Ft Benning as a Pre Mike Golf instructor, I was moving back to NC and found my Steel Beasts dongle and CD. I thought I would check back on the website and to my suprise found the community to be alive and well with a ton of updates. Great to see this sim still active

Now my CD was scratched all to pieces, but i was able to load the beta and get my sim up and running. Can i upgrade to 2.460 from the beta? And eventually the 2.5 (which I see has an upgraded Bradley model)?

In RL I'm currently working on the new M2 ODS SA (Situational Awareness) Bradley. Hopefully we will see that modeled in an upcoming patch. It's an awesome vehicle and would be alot of fun in game.

Once I get patched up to 2.5 I would like to join an online unit and start some MP action.

Great to see everyone again

Instead of rewriting a lot of info that I may end up getting incorrect, I advise you to take a look at this thread: http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/announcement.php?f=6 it tells you how to update to the latest version. I think it will cost you 25 bucks to upgrade to the latest version.

http://www.steelbeasts.com/updates/SBProPE2_546Update.exe This is the link for the latest version. You will need to purchase a new license for the dongle, but I think it arrives by e mail so you should get it pretty quickly. As always, your mileage may vary.

Be sure to download the Teamspeak 3 client and join chat.

Look forward to seeing you in Multiplayer,

Mog

• Moderators
Isn't "Our web shop will be closed until 25 May 2011 so that our staff can attend the ITEC exhibition." also applicable to licence upgrades?

Yes, that appears to be the case. MasterGunner309, unfortunately it looks like you will have to wait until after the 25th. :( The good news is, you don't have to wait for something to be shipped to you when you do finally buy the upgrade when the store re-opens however.

Unless I am mistaken, all you really need to do is download and install 2.538 (the 9 part download on the SB.com homepage -- it is a full install, not an actual upgrade per se). Then get 2.456 patch and you are done with that. The only thing needed after that would be to purchase the $25 license upgrade when the store opens and it will walk you though updating the CodeMeter stick to run the upgrade and you should be done.

But to avoid having SB installed and not being able to play it until after you get the license upgrade, it might be better to just download the 9 part update and patch first but do not install it yet until you get the license upgrade. At least you will have it all downloaded in the mean time.

And...if you downloaded and installed the 2.538 version...and the newest version of the CM software, I'm shure some members can help you out with a guest licence if you want to join a game befor the 25th.

Just send a PM :-)

(I can provide one...but only at times that are somewhat close to 1900Z :-) )

• 1 month later...
  • Members
In RL I'm currently working on the new M2 ODS SA (Situational Awareness) Bradley. Hopefully we will see that modeled in an upcoming patch. It's an awesome vehicle and would be alot of fun in game.

I googled this SA upgrade and got this

M2A2 ODS-SA: The variant that will be most common throughout Guard heavy brigades. It includes a more robust digital architecture, which includes driver’s vision enhancement, a chassis modernization, ballistic fire control, digital command and control and other upgrades.

Any chance you could elaborate a bit for us? "Ballistic fire computer" - I guess it now compensates for cant, can apply lead etc? "Command and control" - some kind of map display like in the Leopardo (or, dare I mention, M1A2)?

After finishing up a tour at Ft Benning as a Pre Mike Golf instructor, I was moving back to NC and found my Steel Beasts dongle and CD. I thought I would check back on the website and to my suprise found the community to be alive and well with a ton of updates. Great to see this sim still active

Now my CD was scratched all to pieces, but i was able to load the beta and get my sim up and running. Can i upgrade to 2.460 from the beta? And eventually the 2.5 (which I see has an upgraded Bradley model)?

Once I get patched up to 2.5 I would like to join an online unit and start some MP action.

Great to see everyone again

Mike Golf, I have been of the tanks for a while and noticed the delivery of 2 brand new Bradley's at the shop. We still have not unpacked them but I was told they are the new ODS 4 version. Your thoughts......... Are they confused with the M2 ODS SA?

Mike Golf, I have been of the tanks for a while and noticed the delivery of 2 brand new Bradley's at the shop. We still have not unpacked them but I was told they are the new ODS 4 version. Your thoughts......... Are they confused with the M2 ODS SA?

Sorry for being ignorant, but how do you "pack" a Bradley?

A big wooden box with: "This way up" ?

Not sure about the particular individual upgrades the to the ODS (meaning upgrades to the current ODS), but it doesn't take long to see the diff between a ODS and an SA. Take a peek at the front of the vehicle. Look for a birdhouse shaped object on the SA, near the front of the vehicle. Wont be on the standard ODS.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually i,m not that suprised this sim is still alive. Its a pretty damn good hard-core sim and its the only good modern armored combat sim out there today and there really isnt anything out there even close to it. The only thing i can think of that overlaps certain aspects or has some eliments that are simulair to SBP is Combat Mission shockforce and really its much more of a stratigy trip then it is a gunnery sim that SBP is. Awaiting the new upgrade i dont play SBP as much as i used to , but i do play it sometimes and check in the forums from time to time. I guess Its like drug that when you start out with it you may see periouds of less usage , but you can never really ever turn your back on it.