'Must have' maps, mods etc etc

Pigmachine

Guest HAVOC131
Anything I will need to enjoy this sim even more? Or for practicing multiplayer maps? I'm almost 6 years behind you and would like advice!

Due to the update I don't run to many mods right now other than a few sound mods and some desert skins for the new maps. I don't believe most or any of the old mods work with the latest version of the sim and I don't think we have a huge group of serious mod makers here anyway. Let see what happens after the next patch maybe it will inspire some....

it might be easier to use JGSME Generic Mod installer and see what does work and what doesnt.Its a simple procedure to add and remove mods with it.Keep the ones you want,boot the one you dont.It also allows you to select skins very easily.

• Members
Not dissatisfied at all, but would be good to at least have a peek at all the maps/mods you've been playing for up to 6 years, before going online the first time.

No mod is mandatory for online sessions. There may occasionally be scenarios made that are based on height maps that aren't part of the standard distribution. If they aren't included in the scenario file, that may occasionally turn out to be a problem. But these cases will probably rare exceptions.