Salisbury Plain - Stuart666

Bat

Im sorry about that, I think I had it altered at some point for some reason. I think Darkangel altered it to OS grid, though I dont think the new heightmap is OS grid for some reason.

Ill make sure I up the new version with the new height map tomorrow. Thanks for bringing it up.

Alright, this is a rather interesting problem. Good news and bad news. Bad news is that ive just had 2 weeks work go down the drain. When I ported it across from my hard drive and copied it over the map on my computer, it seems to have corrupted it somehow. THAT map would work from the original SP height map. However, when upping it, it only would work from the NEW salisbury plain height map.

When altering the name of the terrain file to Salisbury Plain2, this results in it throwing a wobbily, and forgetting everything Inputted in the past 2 weeks, including most of Battlebury Barracks at Warminster. Which would have me reaching for the straight jacket except for 2 reasons.

1 Its revealed the previous version, which has Tidworth completed (albeit to how it used to be 3 years ago before expansion. Since that was a lot of the work I did, its a relief to discover at least one version has survived.

2 Its all now in OS grid, as per how DA converted it. Not only does this make it all a bit more realistic, it also makes it rather easier to input all the stuff ive lost.

Ill up this version very shortly. What I will ask is that everyone deletes salisbury plain in their terrain folders. Its broke. Not to be used. Also delete any Salisbury Plain Salisbury Plain-0.hgt you may have created. If you dont, in multiplayer this is going to create any amount of mayhem. Ill put Salisbury plain 2 up right now, and this will also include the altered Heightmap.

Sorry about this guys, Im just going to go and chew some wallpaper and calm down. Thanks to you Bat for brining it to my attention however.:)

Alright, this is a rather interesting problem. Good news and bad news. Bad news is that ive just had 2 weeks work go down the drain. When I ported it across from my hard drive and copied it over the map on my computer, it seems to have corrupted it somehow. THAT map would work from the original SP height map. However, when upping it, it only would work from the NEW salisbury plain height map.

When altering the name of the terrain file to Salisbury Plain2, this results in it throwing a wobbily, and forgetting everything Inputted in the past 2 weeks, including most of Battlebury Barracks at Warminster. Which would have me reaching for the straight jacket except for 2 reasons.

1 Its revealed the previous version, which has Tidworth completed (albeit to how it used to be 3 years ago before expansion. Since that was a lot of the work I did, its a relief to discover at least one version has survived.

2 Its all now in OS grid, as per how DA converted it. Not only does this make it all a bit more realistic, it also makes it rather easier to input all the stuff ive lost.

Ill up this version very shortly. What I will ask is that everyone deletes salisbury plain in their terrain folders. Its broke. Not to be used. Also delete any Salisbury Plain Salisbury Plain-0.hgt you may have created. If you dont, in multiplayer this is going to create any amount of mayhem. Ill put Salisbury plain 2 up right now, and this will also include the altered Heightmap.

Sorry about this guys, Im just going to go and chew some wallpaper and calm down. Thanks to you Bat for brining it to my attention however.:)

No problem Stu. Thanks for all your efforts.

No problem Stu. Thanks for all your efforts.

No worries, as long as its working thats the main thing. Ill try and get Battlebury barracks in as soon as I can. I did it once already, so I should know what Im doing this time.:)

Thanks for the offer DA, as you can see from my PM it was a very odd fault. Think Ill keep this one now, and the OS grid makes a real difference. Thanks for doing that.

Ok, has anyone got any requests? Do you chaps want me to do Warminster or Ludgershall first? I shall slap anyone who wants devizes in.:)

No worries, as long as its working thats the main thing. Ill try and get Battlebury barracks in as soon as I can. I did it once already, so I should know what Im doing this time.:)

Thanks for the offer DA, as you can see from my PM it was a very odd fault. Think Ill keep this one now, and the OS grid makes a real difference. Thanks for doing that.

Ok, has anyone got any requests? Do you chaps want me to do Warminster or Ludgershall first? I shall slap anyone who wants devizes in.:)

Ha nice one. I was having a good look around Tidworth. I have to say its bloody good in present state to be honest. I could recognise the road that leads to Ludgershall, just a shame you can`t put the Ram Inn on the junction. I look forward to any updates.

HERE