SB IN TEN YEARS

Marko

This could be a perfect tool if we could create (and share during multiplayers games)units and vehicules icons without map updates, as we create missions symbols. So you could keep track of destruction or contact, like we do in real like, pointing contacts or possible ennemy positions.

To sum it up:

Impelement a "real" battlefield management system.

It kind of works now...only the AI is too good at spotting and reporting the enemy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This could be a perfect tool if we could create (and share during multiplayers games)units and vehicules icons without map updates, as we create missions symbols. So you could keep track of destruction or contact, like we do in real like, pointing contacts or possible ennemy positions.

But you can already create text, graphics, etc. and share with your unit, all of blue or everyone.

E.g.: Part way through I can create a "Phase Line X" and propagate it to everyone on the Blue side.

If that's what you want to be able to do, you can already do it.

But you can already create text, graphics, etc. and share with your unit, all of blue or everyone.

E.g.: Part way through I can create a "Phase Line X" and propagate it to everyone on the Blue side.

If that's what you want to be able to do, you can already do it.

We can create and share missions graphic, but not unit or vehicule icone. When using no map update, you can't report eny sighted units. There is only own side units (already created) on the map.

We can create and share missions graphic, but not unit or vehicule icone. When using no map update, you can't report eny sighted units. There is only own side units (already created) on the map.

Ah I think I understand.

You don't want an automatic update but the ability for users to report contacts as they happen and then manually share them with their side?

I think if you turn updates "off" then even the manual graphics, etc are blocked but I haven't tried it.

If it still does work you could put say "1" as a refence on the map (using the text command) and then use the chat to replicate a report as to what "1" is ("Contact 3 x T-90 at 0800" or whatever). Then use "2" for the next contact etc.

No pretty vehicle icon (although perhaps you can copy that from another piece of software - say Milsketch? and then paste it into the text box?) but the information would be conveyed.

What would be realy great is a touchpad as the BMS system.

(Much like the setup at ITEC, but on the same maschine and the same "Sb entity")

So we could have the Mapview(like in the Leo2E or Strv 122) on that touchpad connected to the PC. There you should be able to draw and send orders or insert vehicle icons.

;-) just dreaming

• Members

I cannot comment on the (undisclosed) conclusions that you may or may not draw from my smileys. Furthermore, I caution against an overinterpretation of the smileys. Finally, I will not confirm or deny the veracity of speculations about our plans that may or may not circle the interwebs or the TeamSpeak server here at SB.com.

Arse covering mode = ON.

I cannot comment on the (undisclosed) conclusions that you may or may not draw from my smileys. Furthermore, I caution against an overinterpretation of the smileys. Finally, I will not confirm or deny the veracity of speculations about our plans that may or may not circle the interwebs or the TeamSpeak server here at SB.com.

Arse covering mode = OFF.

:)

One of the things that i would love to see in future update, is when a player drops from the network session to be able to join again the session. I have encounter that problem many times and most of the times in the middle of the battle :Crash:.

One of the things that i would love to see in future update, is when a player drops from the network session to be able to join again the session. I have encounter that problem many times and most of the times in the middle of the battle :Crash:.

I hear that, This would be the single biggest improvement in online multiplay.