Coaxing a bailing crew

Crusty

Ah yes, the hard core realism of arma... All you need to do is run up to the enemy T-80 and shoot it with 7.62 and the crew eventually bails out, then the tank explodes.

With realism like that its no wonder people want to ignore other AFVs for the higher level threat of two or three guys that just had their tank shot out from under them.

Well from my point of view it was a question posted because I was curious what was taught by the military should the situation arise, as it's a situation that would seem to have happened many times in the past judging from photos from WW2, and obviously would again should there be another tank verses tank conflict,

As to the other games like Arma...etc, never touched them for exactly the reasons you state, each to there own, just not for me :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly,there are plenty of satts. orbiting the earth.Imagine you bail out of yourAFV and you haave comms on you.You are now more than a roaming TC,you have the ability to call in Arty and relay Eny. posostion and strenghth ect...:shocked:

If this the case, then it would elevate the bailed crew up the threat level list. but it would seem it's not going to be the case any time soon for the reasons that Gibsonm states.

ArmA is really good for eye-candy things but in terms of simulation, it's A Pain...

The day they stop using hitpoints and start using armorpainter, I'll reconsider what I've said...

It is(was) a pretty good infantry simulator. Yep, no doubt! But then someone had the bright idea of including playable vehicles. Its like flying Helicopters in Steel Beasts for example! Or tanks in DCS-A10C.

Yep, just the top of the iceberg! :diable:

Anyway...

The use of IFV in addition of tanks can solve some problems with bailed out crews.

But I've always wondered how do they collect them and the way they regroup them without loosing firepower.