Its June

mpow66m

• Members

Well, I already wrote here in the forum that the coming upgrade in December will bring a playable Challenger 2. Beyond that I don't want to talk much at this point. A comprehensive overview of the upgrade will be posted in the weeks before the release.

That being said, expect a patch for 2.546 soon, to fix issues with computer-controlled units spotting enemy (that is, their apparent inability to recognize enemy in plain sight).

Well, I already wrote here in the forum that the coming upgrade in December will bring a playable Challenger 2. Beyond that I don't want to talk much at this point. A comprehensive overview of the upgrade will be posted in the weeks before the release.

That being said, expect a patch for 2.546 soon, to fix issues with computer-controlled units spotting enemy (that is, their apparent inability to recognize enemy in plain sight).

A playable Challenger 2, oh my.. droolsmiley.gif That may wake up the sleeping giant within me.

So is this happened already (can't figure how old this thread may be) this past Dec or is this for upcoming Dec/11 ?

Hmmm, just thinking about those unique sounds of both, tank treads on the move and the sound of the_gun/s and all those red letters messaged - destroyed

Dec, uh..?

I'll be watching "and waiting" gun.gif

Best to all,

Ls

• Members

It's a bit too early to say how big the effect will be. If we find out in our tests that some effects are potentially very problematic we may need to make them optional. The question is then to which extent we should enforce certain graphics settings through the session host, or go for the lowest common denominator for a leveled playing field.

Walking and standing until engaged, then prone and running, would be the most realistic model. Returning to standing walking after a defined time once the shooting stops. This would work well with the asymmetric scenarios as well as...

Arr yes…one of the greats! I think INF formations is more of a priority, the ability to go column or line would make a huge difference in SB, especially in urban settings where control is seriously lacking at the moment. Oddly enough my small arms sound effects have been taken from old Ghost Recon sound files.

• Members

Just so that expectations don't run wild. You can expect a 1:1 replacement of the sprites, and then a bit more. It is not only a matter of creating the animations as artwork, it is also a matter of changing the behavioral routines and pathfinding from ground up. This is something that should definitely not be done in a haste, and we could only hope to cram it into SB Pro PE at the last minute. That won't happen, as stability and reliability are still one of our top priorities.

So we will get a stable and reliable implementation in December, but certainly not one that could best infantry-specialized shooter games that have a team of 30 developers and two years development time or so. We will still need a significant chunk of 2012 to go substantially beyond what we currently have. We want this to be really good, and that takes time.

There will be other nice things in this December's release, so don't worry. It'll be a worthy upgrade, probably the best ever, so far.