Hayne's Owners manual for Tiger Tank

Darius359au

I havent got this one, but I did get the one on the Supermarine Spitfire, and that very much was worth reading. Less the maintainance manual as sold, rather more an in depth discussion on how the thing was developed, used and maintained. If its anything like that, Im sure the Tiger book will be well worth getting.

If anyone hasnt got it, HMSO press about 15 years ago released a book called 'Tiger, a British viewpoint' by David Fletcher. It contained all the evaluation reports of the Tiger as created by the British group in charge of AFV evaluation of Tiger 131, now to be found in the tank museum. A very good read if you can track down a copy, or there is a version on CD rom sold by the tank museum I gather.

Oh good, looks like I made a sensible investment.:)

I once bought a copy of a book on the artwork of airbrush artist Alberto Vargas for about 20 quid. Last time I looked it was selling for 200 quid on the internet, and that was some time ago....