Black screen crashes!

DonG

on a regular bases my SB crashes :(

The screen goes black but i can stil hear the sounds of the sim.

Control alt delete or alt tabbing doesnt work,i have to reset my pc.

I dont know whats causing this,since i have to reboot to get my pc in control again i dont get an error report..

Is there someone here to who this sounds familiar?

I tried reinstalling the it but the problem remainend..

I need some help..

Edited by DonG

video card is clean of dust,no problems there.

I ran SB for a few hours in window mode an experienced no new crashes..

i also removed a few skins..

so far so good..

and i installed a new driver for my video card..tomorow i'll do some more test in full screen mode..

• 2 months later...

Hello!

I have the same problem. I'm trying to setup Steelbeasts on 3 notebooks in a LAN for network-gaming, but the game craches exactly like you describes...

I have tried to run it in windowed mode, but it craches anyways...

And since it happen on all 3 computers at regular intervals (1-30 min) I don't think it's a hardware problem.

The computers are Dell Precision M6400 Laptops with Intel Core 2 CPUs and NVIDIA Quadro FX graphics cards.

All are running Windows XP SP3, and everything is ut2date.

Any ideas?

And since it happen on all 3 computers at regular intervals (1-30 min) I don't think it's a hardware problem.

The computers are Dell Precision M6400 Laptops with Intel Core 2 CPUs and NVIDIA Quadro FX graphics cards.

All are running Windows XP SP3, and everything is ut2date.

Any ideas?

I hope it isn’t but all that means is that it may be a systemic hardware problem.

If three machines are identical and all exhibit the same fault then that suggests that the given configuration is producing a repeatable fault (so say the graphics card is at fault and if all three have the same card then all three will have the fault).

Been away for a while, I have just updated to 2.552 and now I'm having screen freezes and crashing with a black screen.

With the screen freeze the game is still running and you can hear the progress, you can swap positions eg. jump into the gunner and fire the gun etc.

this happens either in full screen or windowed mode.

The green light goes out on the codemeter stick when the game crashes to the black screen.

The quickest way to get it to freeze is go to observer view and then it only takes a few seconds.

Drivers are upto date and the only recent hardware change is the addition of 2 1Tb HDD.

computer specs:

Asus PT6 SE mobo

i7 965 extreme

6Gb RAM

2 500Gb HDD Raid 0 system

2 1TB HDD Raid 0

GTX580 Graphics card, 280.26 driver

Samsung Monitor running at 1920x1080

Win 7 64 Ultimate

Thanks Sean

Could be, I had updated the Nvidia drivers just after downloding the 2.552 update, I'll try rolling them back and see what happens.

My coputer had a full spring clean just two weeks ago, just before we went on holiday, as well as complete rebuild and update of our home server.

I had the same problem with the latest driver installation on an older laptop with a GTX260 card. My solution was to manually uninstall the driver rather then using NVIDIA's "clean install" utility and then reinstall. It cleaned up any problems. To be honest though I think people get driver happy. The WHQL October release of 2010 seemed to be a perfect fit for anything I run.