• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At last a Brit vehicle :biggrin:

looking really good Congo, up to your usual high standard,

can't wait to download and install it :)

Yes, you blokes have been ignored way to long. I have been trying to be fair with my international skinning efforts but I am biased towards the Yank vehicles naturally. Any other Brit schemed vehicles you would like to see in the sim let me know and I may consider. Especially if there is supporting documentation.

Regards Congo.

Just submitted to the d/l section,Here is the readme for this skin. I have included a reworked windshield for the M1025 the TGA file is titled (window-woods). If you prefer the original windscreen do not install the TGA file. This file needs to be placed in the main directory under textures/desert. The DDS file titled (hmmwv) needs to be placed in the main directory in textures/desert. The BMP files can be placed in your mods folder. The file titled humveearm provides the detailed M2 HMG and the M240. The M2 HMG is used on the M1025 as well as the M1A1 and M113. The M240 is used on the M1A1.As a bonus I have included my detailed M2HB and M240_hi files these files are used when you are in the TC,s position on the M1A1 place them in your mods folder in both the woodland,desert,winter and autumn folders.

Enjoy Congo

In an effort to add more immersion to this simulation and since I spend a considerable amount of time in the TC position and assume that other simmers do the same, I thought it was about time to do a little detailing on this often ignored skin. I have not done the desert skin yet but hopefully in the future. Enjoy the view

Thanks CB after you play it let me know what you think, If you see any areas that can stand some improvement let me know. Added the keeper chains on the M240 mount.SAE markings on boltheads. Grab for TC,s hatch, highlights edges, added some light rust. basic detailing of armaments, shadows under handles on storage boxes.etc.etc.

Looks great! I'm a big fan of your woodladn stuff!

Just a quick question about the roof - I just built an M1A1 model and the blow-out panels on the roff have 3 'circly' things on each panel on a triangle formation...

Do you know what I mean, or have I confused everything? :)

Looks great! I'm a big fan of your woodladn stuff!

Just a quick question about the roof - I just built an M1A1 model and the blow-out panels on the roff have 3 'circly' things on each panel on a triangle formation...

Do you know what I mean, or have I confused

everything? :)

Stewy,

If you are speaking of the three bisquit weights on the blowout panel they will be there on the final release probably the lift rings also. They are there for handling the panels and the donuts are for dampening explosive energy.

The the three "doghnuts", for lack of a better term, serve a unique purpose. The U.S. Marines thought that having removable ammunition racks would speed up the rearming process...simply release six bolts and pluck out and an empty sixteen round round rack with a cargo HEMMTT, then drop a full one in place. The plan was a dud because it takes just as long to do all that as feed eighteen rounds through the loaders hatch (M1A1HCs and M1A2s carry 42 rounds, 18 per side plus 6 in the hull). As for the "doghnuts"...they'er used to slide the heavy blow-out panel left or right so that any given rack would fit on either side. Though the "quick change" plan bombed, the system is useful for accessing the ammo storage area during maintenace so on new production tanks and, I assume, tanks that have gone though the AIM process the "doughnuts" have been cut off and the blow-out planels fixed in place though still removeable, hence the slightly raised rings that are seen on the panels of these tanks.