CZ Studios Skins

Zipuli

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wicked< Hot Tom, Fab, Eisenschwein I appreciate the vote of confidence, I am already hard at work on version 2 which will be even more detailed. I'll probably only offer this one in 2048 X 2048 anything less than that will obscure the details. If any of you guys have ideas for specific markings please post some photos so i have something to work with. I don't know about you'all but my puter seems to run the hi-res stuff pretty well. BTW I was extremely pleased with the final product on the turret roof texture the only thing bugging me is the untextured piece on the M-240. Again many thanks and stand by for version two.

Congo ( Skinner from the Heart of Darkness)

Just throw more mud on it :)

I've tried to compare my FPS using both your hi res and your low res skins and, frankly, don't see much difference. I don't have any way to come up with an average frame rate, though, so it's pretty subjective.

THUNDERBOLT is a good name. It was the name painted on the first M1 built at Lima. There's a pic of it in this article (although the storm cloud doesn't do much for me). It was a special salute to Gen. Creighton Abrams, all of whose tanks in WWII were named THUNDERBOLT (I through VII).

http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/abrams.htm

HT

I've tried to compare my FPS using both your hi res and your low res skins and, frankly, don't see much difference. I don't have any way to come up with an average frame rate, though, so it's pretty subjective.

THUNDERBOLT is a good name. It was the name painted on the first M1 built at Lima. There's a pic of it in this article (although the storm cloud doesn't do much for me). It was a special salute to Gen. Creighton Abrams, all of whose tanks in WWII were named THUNDERBOLT (I through VII).

HT

Indeed it is a good name... That's the name on my latest M1 skin, exactly for that reason. I would really like it if Congo used it in his excellent skin.

About the stormy cloud - it is the effect of time on the old photo. Anyway, do you feel it looks better this way?

M1-Thunderbolt.jpg

Or this way, perhaps?

M1-Thunderbolt-2.jpg

If yes, I can change it. I won't try to edit it more, as it is bad enough as it is now... Of course, if someone has a better pic of Thunderbolt, I could make good use of that... :)

Well, it's certainly accurate to use the cloud and the lightning.

Since all the art and letters would be subdued (black) paint today, maybe a black cloud with a dull red lightning bolt (like the subdued 1st ID numeral) would look cool.

That's where the Velcro pads go now, of course. Abrams (as I'm sure you know) had the logo on both sides of his Shermans. Apparently, big cartoons were common in the 37th Tank Bn when he commanded it. Maybe on the skirts?

Just a thought...

Tried switching hi res and low res again in the same mission. If there's a difference in FPS, I can't tell it.

HT

Ahhhh! Now I got what you meant... LOL I thought you're meaning the photo's background . :debile2:

I put only the name "Thunderbolt" on the M1's gun barrel. Now that you brought this to my attention - the original GEN Abrams' logo - it would be nice if I could put the original on a M1 skin! I sure like the idea. Let me do some search for a good pic of the original and see if I can do it.

Great idea! :thumbup:

HT

Yes I get pretty decent frame rates also, the original wasn't really low res, hell it was twice the size as what came with the sim. but anyway you guys won't believe version 2. I'm going to do the gang boxes on the rear hull with grab handles and all. Was able to capture the hinge points on the side skirts pretty well as I was not really happy with the first version, I dont think I can do too much more on the TC view so I'm going to concentrate on the vehicle. I feel like at this size I will be able to do most of the nuts and bolts only time will tell. I'll try to run some progress shots sometime this weekend. I'll probably do the basic M1 first and then offer it in several states of muddiness.

Progress report, roughly 60% complete at this point, Rear of hull has been detailed rear deck is complete, working the front of the hull at the present plus numerous small details here and there. Cobrabase thanks to Fabfire for a niffty PS plugin, when this skin is complete I'll probably offer as a 4 Mb indexed bitmap so maybe your puter just might handle it we'll see. Very time consuming project but this one will be worth the wait.

OK. I've got the honor of testing the upcoming M1 woodland by Congo.

This is a M1 lover's wet dream... :)

Check out the details (awesome!) on the screenshots:

Congo%27s-M1-Woodland.jpg

Let us know how it pans out. Be sure to check framerates and let us know what your video card is along with your CPU ok? I think I'm only going to be able to use it when I get a more powerful card.

Let us know how it pans out. Be sure to check framerates and let us know what your video card is along with your CPU ok? I think I'm only going to be able to use it when I get a more powerful card.

Yep. Pentium D (64 Bit) 3.40 GHz

Radeon 9800 video card

FPS=28.37 (27.78 - 28.57)

Generally speaking, I would say that if you use 1024 skins of 3 MB+, you'll have no trouble using the new Congo's M1 2048 skin... :clin:

56e83c5f994fe_FPS-Congos-M1.jpg.5bb845f3

56e83c5f994fe_FPS-Congos-M1.jpg.5bb845f3