Zipuli

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sure would...

hey Congo, i found a few pics of Leo2A4s in N. Africa -- Spanish. the green in the NATO camo is repainted a little pale. or are my eyes old...

http://i33.tinypic.com/112ebs8.jpg

working on a decal set for it. PM me your email addy and i'll send it.

EDIT: and it looks like it was painted over the standard NATO. note how the pale green appears blobby in places as well as the little stylized area of green painted over black on the side of the second leo from the left.

sure would...

hey Congo, i found a few pics of Leo2A4s in N. Africa -- Spanish. the green in the NATO camo is repainted a little pale. or are my eyes old...

http://i33.tinypic.com/112ebs8.jpg

working on a decal set for it. PM me your email addy and i'll send it.

EDIT: and it looks like it was painted over the standard NATO. note how the pale green appears blobby in places as well as the little stylized area of green painted over black on the side of the second leo from the left.

Looks like sand and green mix but them why leave the roadwheels in the green. Maybe Furia can shed some light on this scheme. What North African Country? Id have to say the painter did not follow the layout exactly but closely with major differences in the two paintjobs. I assume just some Tankel Angelo trying to get artsy, notice the differences in the curves. maybe crew chiefs gone wild!!!

112ebs8.jpg

This pic I think was took in Ceuta, one of our two Spanish cities in North Africa.

I have not seen this scheme before other than this picture and I have the feeling that this is a "temporary" local paint job made in the unit until a more "standard" is applied on a proper maintenance center.

Some of the "German "leased" Leos came with different camo schemes and it passed some time until they were standarized as far as I know.

How in the hell did the Moroccans ever let you guys get away with that?

Morroco did not ever existed until 1956 where Spain and France gave them independence.

The Spanish cities of Ceuta and Melilla were build by Spanish Kingdom since XV century. By the same time Colon/Columbus discovered America

They have never been part of Morroco and this was defined quiet clear on the Independence Treaty.

However we keep our Leos there just in case Morroco's King becomes "creative" as he did some years ago with Perejil Island :debile2:

:gen004:

leopard2etu0.jpg

Another pic of Leo 2E getting "dirty" :diable:

Morroco did not ever existed until 1956 where Spain and France gave them independence.

The Spanish cities of Ceuta and Melilla were build by Spanish Kingdom since XV century. By the same time Colon/Columbus discovered America

They have never been part of Morroco and this was defined quiet clear on the Independence Treaty.

However we keep our Leos there just in case Morroco's King becomes "creative" as he did some years ago with Perejil Island :debile2:

leopard2etu0.jpg

Another pic of Leo 2E getting "dirty" :diable:

Yes,

I'm aware that Morocco was granted independence in 56, Just wondering why your country gave up Spanish Sahara and other concessions but not the two small cities in the North. I have spent a little time in Marrakech,Casa and Tangier during my travels throughout Afrique.

This could be a long history and I am not sure if you want I use your AWESONE and EXECELLENT thread to post about it.

However I would try to sumarize.

South Sahara was a late colony while Ceuta and Melilla were build and have been inhabited by Spanish people since centuries. It was always considered a part of Spain and not a "colony".

South sahara was a different history and I have to say we did not "gave it" eaguerly but to avoid a blood bath. We had cities there and we had people and familes that have been living there for generations. we built hospitals, roads, cities.........

When Franco our last "dictator" was about dying and Spain was moving to a delicate trasition to democracy, the King of Morroco cleverly moved ahead and organized what it was known as the Green March, that consisted in placing a bunch of civilians, woman, childre and old people waging "green Flags" (This is why it is called Green March, the green was meant the colour of Islam) and followed meters behind by the Morroco Army soldiers.

These people stormed Spanish cities and possesions but the Spanish Goverment, decided against using force against this people to avoid a massacre of civilians so we withdraw from there to prevent massacre.

We have a lot of troops and equipment there more tha able to have "finished" this in 2 days but was totally unacceptable for spain to kill unharmed civilians, although closely followed by army troops and police.

I have to point out I hold no much respect for those that hide behind women, children and civilians using them as shields and not caring what could happen to those innocents.

It was a bad day for Spain because despite the fact it was already decided we would have given independence to the Spanish Sahara, it was not the way and moment to do so. However it was even more sad for the local natives from Sahara because they were not Morrocans so they were invaded by Morroco.

Since then a new drama started with a non finished and non spoken war between Morroco and the Saharahui People.

A real and actual tragedy not many people knows about.

If you are interested you can read about it on a very interesting article on the New York Times

New York Times. Western Sahara’s Conflict

This could be a long history and I am not sure if you want I use your AWESONE and EXECELLENT thread to post about it.

I would like to think that Zip and my thread is about education as well as modding so thanks for the history and Spanish point of view. Parts of North Africa are great places to see, the European influence that dates back many centuries. I still vividly remember the Roman ruins that existed in Tunisia. Aqueducts,modern WC,s with mosaic tile floors it was quite amazing.

Edited by congo

Morroco will never put a single foot in Ceuta or Melilla, not becouse of a few tanks (with no space to manouver). They are absolutly afraid to be kicked by the most awarded and combative unit in the Spanish military history: "Grupo de Regulares Nº54" in Ceuta (where I served 4 years), and N. 52 in Melilla (the twin Regiment in the other city). Most even than The Spanish Legion (most popular, and the second in medals and honours). There is also 1 Legion Regiment in every one of these cities.

Ceuta and Melilla are the cities with higher Spanish feeling, just becouse are allways under the pressure of Morroco. They want two cities that they never had. Fuck them all!!

This is my Regiment. This is my video:

http://www.vimeo.com/1291337

Enjoy

Sounds like a good idea for a "what if" scenario