CZ Studios Skins

Zipuli

BRG,

How much weight does the ERA add to the vehicle? What kind of tools do you guys carry on the hull, Zip is the master of no skid so explain to him the areas that shoud be treated with these details, I thought about doing the water bottles in the bustle but thay did not look right.

Congo

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While Zip does his thing I took some ingame action shots of the Brad. These are all from the 73 Easting scenario which was a dynamite venue for CZ Studios work. IMHO Brad looks great through the TC,s Binos, just my opinion. After Zip passes his work back to me I'll do one last edit and hopefully it will be in the dl section by Sunday, Keep your fingers crossed

New ass and little this and that to the cover grills...

BRGillespie, what are those red bags in the left hull? It's a pity the rear has that side piece mirrored, so I couldn't place that "thing" on the left side...

Zip

You can actually go ahead and slap it on, Zip; that's an IR panel (helps for identification through the TIS), and there's supposed to be two of them on both sides, but one fell off (chintzy-ass Velcro holds the panels on). ;)

As for the skull marker on the TOW launcher... keep it if YOU like it, but there's definitely no identifying markings like that on our Brads.

The little red bags are just the orange plastic sticky baggies that the shipping/packing lists are in. Just haven't ripped them off. ;P

BRG,

How much weight does the ERA add to the vehicle? What kind of tools do you guys carry on the hull, Zip is the master of no skid so explain to him the areas that shoud be treated with these details, I thought about doing the water bottles in the bustle but thay did not look right.

Congo

The reactive armor blocks weigh... I dunno, 40 lbs or so (feels that way, anyway). There's 14 or so blocks per side, so around 28 side panel blocks multiplied by 40 = some sort of weight. That doesn't include the front panels on the engine cover, which each weight 10 lbs or so (20 of those? I think).

Tools: beyond the standard BII (which I've seen on the in-game skins: axe, tanker bar, and shovel) we also have assorted shit, like a stretcher, wooden chock blocks, 5 gallon cans of lubricant, extra cases of 7.62mm, a heavy-duty tarp, water, cases of MREs, etc, etc.

As for non-skid, if you threw it on the engine cover hatch (check out the nonskid.jpg file), onto the troop hatch that opens when the TOWs are reloaded, and onto the driver's hatch, it'd be sufficient. There's no non-skid anywhere on the turret, if I remember correctly (never thought about it before).

Looking ace, guys. :)

Thanks for the info BRG, it really has been great help when trying to make it more "life-like" and realistic!!

I just updated the skin a bit and sent it to Congo for finalization. I removed the shipping lists and added non-skid to engine cover (hatch had it already) and added the IR panel to the rear hull. Let's see what Congo has in mind before the release.

Zip

CZ Studios is proud to announce the submission of the Desert Bradley Pack to the downloads section. We wish to thank BR Gillespie our on location photographer,without his photos and advice this project would not have been possible. This work is dedicated to our troops serving in the middle east.

Yea Scorp,

Only problem was skirt was a mirrored item so one version doesn't have it. Between Zip and me we usually manage to get her done. It's great working as a team you know two different approaches to every project. Sometime when we are working on a skin at the same time aspects are duplicated but we both agree thats a good thing. It stimulates artistic endeavor.

in-game? no way. it both eats memory, and crashes the framerates. even in 3ds max it is causing slowdowns.

this is mostly just a postertank, and for detail reference for a future in-game model. (SB2 probably)

nice skins btw. hehe. guess i should stop doing my desert skin in that pale pink desert yellow. seems like its the colour that appears in the shade..