CZ Studios Skins

Zipuli

Made a preview of Congo's CV9040B NATO woodland texture. Comments please on the work in progress. Thanks :)

CZ_Studios_preview_CV9040B_11.jpg

Personally I think the colors are perfect now. Remember though its all work in progress.

Some info about the Dutch CV90:

"On December 10, 2004, Land Systems Hagglunds received a €749 million contract for the production of 184 CV9035 infantry fighting vehicles. CV9035 was chosen by the government of Netherlands after extensive competitive evaluation and testing under the Dutch Infantry Fighting Vehicle program. The Netherlands Army will be the end customer for these vehicles and the Dutch defense will be strongly involved in the production phase of the program. Deliveries will start in 2007 and will last until 2010. The CV9035 infantry fighting vehicle will act beside the Leopard 2A6 main battle tanks"

Cheers! 8)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess the NATO skin Congo's working with will cover the Dutch and Swiss quite nicely, just add some markings... But any pics of the Norwegian/Danish CVs? I got no time at the moment to look for them, so if you got some and would like to have NO/DK CV, PM me and I'll give my e-mail address where you can post the images and we'll work on it.

Zip

Just updated both CZ's BTR-80 skins. Both have now vision blocks, some shadowing changes etc. plus the Russian one has updated markings (similar to our russian T-72 and T-80). Just small updates I found lying around on my PC, thought I'd upload them too :)

Zip

BTR-80Rus_11_img.JPG.3665c71f9b5f49daae3

BTR-80Fin_11_img.JPG.6c442ad462c373e0868

BTR-80Rus_11_img.JPG.3665c71f9b5f49daae3

BTR-80Fin_11_img.JPG.6c442ad462c373e0868

And while Congo works on the NATO CV, I completed a minor project - the (in)famous Zil used by FDF. The pack is uploaded and ready for you to download soon! The pack contains 8 skins with lot of options to choose from, as usual. 4 skins are for summer and 4 for winter and versions with no finnish markings are available, as usual. It sure ain't no work of art, as the DDS file is very simple, but it looks quite OK with the rest of the CZs Finnish line-up!

Some piccies here...

Zip

summer_zil_1.JPG.7d5b3cba34c395f4c66324a

summer_zil_2.JPG.a8d6d995852ddc62dc4129f

summer_zil_3.JPG.0b777c518be28e62256b685

summer_zil_1.JPG.7d5b3cba34c395f4c66324a

summer_zil_2.JPG.a8d6d995852ddc62dc4129f

summer_zil_3.JPG.0b777c518be28e62256b685

http://www.dsabstraction.com/dds_converter.htm

that's the other way to do it - a simple program that will convert them. I for one couldn't get the plug-ins to work, so I have to use this.

I believe Congo had a desert truck somewhere? The Frankentruck? ;)

Demolitionman - it's possible, but as those skins were all hand made without using a template (ie a layer for the vehicle and a layer for the camo) and the camo pattern is there to stay (all the detail is painted on the camo - not the vehicle under it), the whole skin would have to be remade. And that would be a lot of work. And the reason for this is simply that those skins were made "in the beginning" and I had no idea how to use the layers etc. If this was not the case I would've propably already made some more NVA skins. Nowadays I've learned some tricks with the paint programs that make life so much easier :D

Zip

http://www.dsabstraction.com/dds_converter.htm

And the reason for this is simply that those skins were made "in the beginning" and I had no idea how to use the layers etc. If this was not the case I would've propably already made some more NVA skins. Nowadays I've learned some tricks with the paint programs that make life so much easier :D

Zip

Don't feel bad Zip, I did the same thing on some of my first skins... I did a hellcat for IL2, and did it all on one layer. I've always wanted to go back and take it to the next level using tricks I've learned sence.

Just submitted to the downloads section for your enjoyment. I had these in my CZ Studios folder for some time now and never got around to applying the finishing touches but thought to myself " why keep all the goodies for myself". They are not finished but will be sometime in the not to distant future.