Zipuli

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Scorp,

How are things down in the land of typhoons. My better half and i kust spent a week out on the Carolina Coast and it was friggin splendtastic. Could not get enough shrimp and beer.

Hahahahaha! The Carolinas are good for beer and shimp, hehe. It's nice here today, it's hot but dry instead of humid and muggy for once! We've been getting hammered with thunderstorms lately, but such is life in the south during summer.

Independance day-check

Shuttle launch in about an hour-check

Gas grill cleaned and ready to go-check

:thumbup:

Its getting close to being there guys. I added the tiedowns to the turret this evening and a few small details on upper hull, just a few more things to go and I should be sending to Zip this weekend for weathering and the Finnish critique.

Some more shots of the "Boevaya Mashina Pekhota 1"...

I did some weathering and added dust. Also added some detail such as the periscope graphics, camo nets, handles, bigger rondels, door graphics... Should be ready soon, then I'll bump it to Congo for a final touch and then I'll take a final look... shouldn't be long!

I have upped the brightnes a bit for better "photos". Ignore the fact that some American crunchies are running around the tank 8) .

Zip

bmp-1_side.jpg.4805b622252fee18a06f30fe2

bmp-1_disembark_2.jpg.749fbcc35914c16e78

bmp-1_disembark.jpg.de7b2e7ff39fbfda0c47

bmp-1_side.jpg.4805b622252fee18a06f30fe2

bmp-1_disembark_2.jpg.749fbcc35914c16e78

bmp-1_disembark.jpg.de7b2e7ff39fbfda0c47

Finnish BMP-1 IFV,

First ones bought in early 1980's. They were all to be turned into FO-variants (BMP-1TJ), but after the DDR bankrupted Finland bought a huge pile of them from Germany and two Armoured Brigades (war-time) could be armed with them (MBT being the T-72M1).

The Finns have made some modifications, including AT-4/AT-5 launcher mounted on the turret, illumination launcher on left side of turret, 6 x 76mm smoke launchers on right side of turret, removal of the troublesome auto-loader and the AT-3 rail...

The IFV is still in reserve, active duty ended few years ago. The AT-4/5 launcher is removed as no missiles remain. FO-vehicle is in active use.

Now the vehicle is ready for You to download. Pack includes as usual 3 versions:

-Fin with rondels and reg numbers

-OpFor with yellow plates added

-No Markings without any finnish markings

Get some! Enjoy and as usual, comments are welcome!

Zip

bmp-1tj.jpg.146cd9d1fb9b438f633a4289d411

bmp-1fin.jpg.90566b00d7fc8199c7a21780a88

bmp-1top.jpg.31d52b8c7948c9789f2f5704bf8

bmp-1tj.jpg.146cd9d1fb9b438f633a4289d411

bmp-1fin.jpg.90566b00d7fc8199c7a21780a88

bmp-1top.jpg.31d52b8c7948c9789f2f5704bf8

CZ Studios in there neverending quest to reach skinning nirvana has decided to update their BMP-2 to the same standards as the BMP-1 that we just released. Reworked tiedowns on turret, added camo netting, reworked gun mantlet. Here are the screenies before weathering and dirt.

Here comes version 1.3 of the Finnish BMP-2 IFV! Added some more little detail and weathering+dust.

Again, 3 skins:

-Fin with rondels, regs

-Nomarkings without any finnish stuff

-opfor, fin markings + lion of parola and yellow plates

Track and missile launcher included in the pack...

Enjoy! And post comments!

Zip

ps. Scorpius, don't shoot at it, they're the good guys!

fin_bmp-2_3.jpg.70b971d8746e790b1bc0e8ee

fin_bmp-2_2_top.jpg.3bf22cde606c039422e8

fin_bmp-2.jpg.6ff55fef4e43fc127e42c6f751

fin_bmp-2_3.jpg.70b971d8746e790b1bc0e8ee

fin_bmp-2_2_top.jpg.3bf22cde606c039422e8

fin_bmp-2.jpg.6ff55fef4e43fc127e42c6f751

After the Fin vehicles are done in summer camo (MT-55 (= BLG-60M2 - in progress), Zil, Mercedes to go), I think we'll move on to something quite different for a while. Fin Winter camos is one project, but I think that'll be later in the future... I have some ideas, Congo has some... We'll think about the next move propably sometime soon.

I liked the Russian BTR-project, and have some ideas to that direction (east)... A possible secondary project could be a blue-side Hind? I think the Czech Rep camo would be quite nice... What do you guys think?

These are still just ideas... What kind of stuff would you guys like to see in future from us?

Zip

czech7.jpg.5b7c4854357ab36c634959689b278

czech7.jpg.5b7c4854357ab36c634959689b278

the rear 3 1/2 skirts is rubber as well. otherwise, a nice new look for the T-80U!

from my knowledge. the rubber parts colour will become more apparent as it wears down, from initial green, to a dark grey/ occasional white string wireframe underneath being exposed, as the rubber cracks.

P1010072.JPG

cracked%20inlet%20rubber.JPG

car rubber flaps can be good for reference for a worn look.

additionally, as the camouflage gets exposed to the elements, it will gradually be brightened by the sun. exposed spots will get bleached by the sun, and if the paint is of lower quality, and the metal is exposed to a lot of water, causing it to oxidate, the paint could start chipping off, and oxidation bubbles appear on the surface. this is most likely to happend if the paint has already been scraped away from driving in a forest, and hitting heavy twigs and such. if the vehicle is then exposed to water, the oxidation will occur more rapidly, but in general, it will appear over time, because of occasional rain etc, mostly with bad maintenance.

oxidation spots will first make the paint chip rapidly around the scrape area, with rust appear underneath. during rain, the rust might spill out of the cracks, creating red stripes of rust.

areas where these cracks are likely to be present is side hull and turret, and the lower front wedge, although its likely that these spots are covered

by dust and sand.

other causes of rust spots, is when sand has been lying on top of a vehicle, and rubbed over the paint when walking, etc, which also wears down the paint of the vehicle, creating a brighter appearance.

hmm.. i should be writing a tutorial. hah.

For all lovers of the T-series Tanksky. I have continued with the detailing and this is where it stands so far. Zip will handle the weathering and any markings he sees fit to include. Probably be sending him the bitmapped image within a few days