Need som input/Help

Kingtiger

Well here's my two cents. I was able to avoid nearly all enemy contact by taking a southern route through the deep desert. That's not a problem as one of the advantages of the Striker over vehicles such as the MRAP is the ability to maneuver effectively cross-country and such tactical thinking should be rewarded, though I did manage to lose one vehicle in a river. That brings me to the biggest issue: I believe your objective is too close to the river. Once contact was made, my platoon began to jockey around the buildings for clear shots and in no time, two more of my LAVs were in the drink. Not dead mind you, but unable to climb out, leaving me with only one vehicle to Charlie Mike. Although a proper deployment plan and a little micromanagement on the players part would go a long way in handling that situation, you still might consider moving the objective back another four to six hundred meters... Otherwise, it's a fun little scenario, good job.

So. this Stryker platoon is heading out to a objective, using a major route. Would the Plt Commander of the Stryker platoon be briefed on own convoys moving up/down the route or its such a regular thing that no briefing upon it is needed?

No. In 2007-2008 MSR's in Iraq were like American highways with logistic's convoys and route clearance teams operating on a daily/nightly basis.

A platoon leader would use FBCB2 / Blue Force Tracker to identify these units

Hello,

Nice map but it's way to clean if your talking Iraq...Now with that said I took the main MSR to the objective and encounterd no IED's or bad guys until I got to the HVT's house. I called for the CH47 and they retrieved the HVT and departed the AO when I told them too. I then took the main MSR back to camp without any further incidents.

Tanks

Andy