Need help locating Leo 2E textures, please.

SeanPatrick

I'm making a new interior for the Leopardo 2E and I can't seem to find the texture files associated with the areas indicated below. These are the last textures I need to complete the project. The ol' trial-and-error method is taking too long. Anyone out there happen to know which files apply?

(The top image is from the commander's pos. The bottom is from the gunner's)

Or perhaps more importantly, how to find textures? I've seen a "surface locator" for download, but that's kind of the reverse of what I need...if that makes any sense.

SS_16_04_37.jpg

SS_16_17_27.jpg

Any help would be appreciated. This should be a decent skin IMHO. :)

Edited by SeanPatrick
Add'l. Info

Okay, one more question: It seems as though any attempt to modify "changertexture.dds" causes the manual range entry display to the right of the gunner to cease operation.

SS_08_19_44.jpg

This happens if I:

a) Open the file with Photoshop, then save it (with or without any changes) in the mods folder.

b) Open the file with Photoshop, then save it (with or without any changes) in the ...SB Pro PE\textures\woodland folder. (Which I'm told I shouldn't do anyway.)

c) Simply copy it "as is" into the mods folder.

But not if I move the original file back to the ...SB Pro PE\textures\woodland file.

Is there any way around this? I need to modify this texture to complete my interior. I noticed that this particular texture doesn't seem to have any mipmaps associated with it. I'm just learning what those are, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

That one uses a different File Path I believe.

I had a problem with a new changer texture,

the texture file that SB uses to display the numbers display is overlayed above or below the modded texture.

Don't know about the filepath. If I mod the file, the correct part of the texture is displayed, but the numbers just don't light up.

I don't understand why a simple number display would stop working, but I can mod something like the commander's TIS just fine.

Okay, never mind. After hours of choosing random options I think I've solved the problem.

It seems as though (when using Photoshop) this particular texture must be saved with the following options. It must also be placed directly in the ...SB Pro PE\textures\woodland file.

Options.jpg

Now I think I can FINALLY post my new skin! I think it turned out rather well. Hope you guys like it. I should be submitting it for approval later today!

Thanks to everyone for all the help!

I just knew someone was going to mention that. :) I realized right after I posted that pic that I took it with the switch in the "auto" position. But trust me, in the "man." position it didn't work either.

Well, as the first person to notice that, you have won a complimentary download of my new "Leo 2E German Night Interior" found here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/Downloads/p13_sectionid/312/p13_fileid/2019

Congratulations!