Noob questions related to SB Pro

Redemption

Hello all!

I was just looking and the manual and also at the config panel in the game and I needed to ask some of you questions related to SB.

* Do I really need a joystick to play this game?

* Been looking at the tutorials and I see there is much vehicule that I can be trained on, wich vehicule I should start to train on and concentrate for the weeks coming?

* Is there any Virtual Canadian Tank Units that I can be part of, and if not is there any accepting noob like me, and again if not, where can I get help to train with, please?

* And for last, is there any Canadian active, playing this game, and any former military or active duty personels playing SB Pro, from Canada or US?

Thank you! :smile:

• Administrators
Hello all!

I was just looking and the manual and also at the config panel in the game and I needed to ask some of you questions related to SB.

* Do I really need a joystick to play this game?

No, many use the mouse.

* Been looking at the tutorials and I see there is much vehicule that I can be trained on, wich vehicule I should start to train on and concentrate for the weeks coming?

It's up to you. It depends on what you want to do in the sim. APCs or Tanks? The M1A1 or the Leo2a4 are both good choices.

* Is there any Virtual Canadian Tank Units that I can be part of, and if not is there any accepting noob like me, and again if not, where can I get help to train with, please?

* And for last, is there any Canadian active, playing this game, and any former military or active duty personels playing SB Pro, from Canada or US?

Contact 12alfa. Not sure how much is going on right now but he would be the person to talk to. Noobs are accepted into any game really. The best way to prepare is to run through all the tutorials for one of the vehicles first. Learn the basics of how to handle your tank on your own. Once you have that down, more experienced players will be able to help you better. That's my opinion, anyway.

There are many former and active service members who play this sim, 12alfa is one of them.

No, many use the mouse.

It's up to you. It depends on what you want to do in the sim. APCs or Tanks? The M1A1 or the Leo2a4 are both good choices.

Contact 12alfa. Not sure how much is going on right now but he would be the person to talk to. Noobs are accepted into any game really. The best way to prepare is to run through all the tutorials for one of the vehicles first. Learn the basics of how to handle your tank on your own. Once you have that down, more experienced players will be able to help you better. That's my opinion, anyway.

There are many former and active service members who play this sim, 12alfa is one of them.

Thanks for your input, much appreciated.

BTW I have seen the Leo 5 in the tutorials and in response to my thread, you mention to me, a Leopard 4, and M1A1. My question here is: Would it be too difficult for me to train on Leopard 5 or Leopard 4 and 5 are the same, basically?

Thank you!

• Moderators
Thanks for your input, much appreciated.

BTW I have seen the Leo 5 in the tutorials and in response to my thread, you mention to me, a Leopard 4, and M1A1. My question here is: Would it be too difficult for me to train on Leopard 5 or Leopard 4 and 5 are the same, basically?

Thank you!

If you mean Leopard 2A4 and Leopard 2A5, then yes, they are basically the same. Well, they are indeed very different protection wise, and the 2A5 has more... gizmos, but if you can use the 2A4 then you should have no problem with the 2A5.

If you mean Leopard 2A4 and Leopard 2A5, then yes, they are basically the same. Well, they are indeed very different protection wise, and the 2A5 has more... gizmos, but if you can use the 2A4 then you should have no problem with the 2A5.

Well thank you again very much to all of you helping me out to sort things out, with this sim. Greatly appreciated! :)

One golden rule for beginners, I think is this:

stay with the vehicle you chose first, stay with it for quite some time and learn it inside out. I personally think the Leopard 2A5 and Leo2E are very good choices, since they are slightly more ergonomic (=easier) in their firing procedure compared to the Abrams, and due to the nice interior, more attractive at the same time. As TC you also have the additional benefit of the periscope, giving you better options to increase your SA.

But whatever vehicle you chose to learn with - stay with it and do not jump from one new tank to the next. Because: when you can handle blindly the one you have chosen, you can focus on the real difficult part of the sim: mastering the tactics, without needing to waste much time/thinking on how to handle the tank and to call up this function or that function.

Second tip: learn the mission editor early. It has the benefit of qualifying you of competently doing mission planning before the missions atarts, becasue the itnerafces are almost the same. You can'T play successfully in SBP without good mission plans. It also allows you to easily replace tanks in a mission with the type you have chosen to prefer.

And third and last tip: Learn/train with the gunner'S auxiliary sights from early on. Tanks inevitably get hit in battle, and the lasers, thermals and primary sights tend to be amongst the first things to break down, followed by stabilization. It is the competence at the GAS that separates the sunshine heroes from the surviving ones.

One golden rule for beginners, I think is this:

stay with the vehicle you chose first, stay with it for quite some time and learn it inside out. I personally think the Leopard 2A5 and Leo2E are very good choices, since they are slightly more ergonomic (=easier) in their firing procedure compared to the Abrams, and due to the nice interior, more attractive at the same time. As TC you also have the additional benefit of the periscope, giving you better options to increase your SA.

But whatever vehicle you chose to learn with - stay with it and do not jump from one new tank to the next. Because: when you can handle blindly the one you have chosen, you can focus on the real difficult part of the sim: mastering the tactics, without needing to waste much time/thinking on how to handle the tank and to call up this function or that function.

Second tip: learn the mission editor early. It has the benefit of qualifying you of competently doing mission planning before the missions atarts, becasue the itnerafces are almost the same. You can'T play successfully in SBP without good mission plans. It also allows you to easily replace tanks in a mission with the type you have chosen to prefer.

And third and last tip: Learn/train with the gunner'S auxiliary sights from early on. Tanks inevitably get hit in battle, and the lasers, thermals and primary sights tend to be amongst the first things to break down, followed by stabilization. It is the competence at the GAS that separates the sunshine heroes from the surviving ones.

Hello!

Very interestinf and logical of course. I will do that then, and keep at it until I mage and handle perfectly my Leopard 2A5.

Again thank you for your help!