Comming upgrade thread

oscar19681

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess I must be some really hooked fanboy with SB, because yesterday night I've had a dream about the upcoming SB update/release in winter. I saw vast landscapes with changing wheather & daytimes, "visible" wind effect, and 3D infatry stalking the woods and cities. Not to mention the completely destroyable buildings and deformable terrain. Burning wreckages obscuring the visibility with their thick smoke carried away by the wind, Challenger 2 tanks stalking their prey in a sandstorm and more!

I wish I could have recorded my dream - daaamn:D

I guess I must be some really hooked fanboy with SB, because yesterday night I've had a dream about the upcoming SB update/release in winter. I saw vast landscapes with changing wheather & daytimes, "visible" wind effect, and 3D infatry stalking the woods and cities. Not to mention the completely destroyable buildings and deformable terrain. Burning wreckages obscuring the visibility with their thick smoke carried away by the wind, Challenger 2 tanks stalking their prey in a sandstorm and more!

I wish I could have recorded my dream - daaamn:D

You should see someone about that.

Sounds like you need some therapy, or you could make a youtube video of it.

(Your Dream, not the therapy.)

For me two of the most desireable things for an upgrade, would be the possibility of people to join a multiplayer session when the sim is already running. That itself would be a dramatic change on the simulation and its multiplayer possibilities (large campaings and missions......)

And of course the possibility of allowing the mission creator to really enforce if desired, that no external view is allowed in multiplayer, as it is possible now in single player.

With those two changes I would be simpply HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

I really would love to see some more weather effects like rain . lightning and falling snow and such. Ill just keep the suspension wining for the 2020 update i guess. Also i would like to be able to man the machine guns when unbottoned on the leo 2 or the loader on the m1a1.

??? How come come every attempt of starting a serious thread people always use it for some stupid lame reply,s ?? No wonder most have moved on to more mature community,s and this one either never seems to grow larger , or it grow,s smaller but keeps attracting serious tank simmers that later move on only to be replaced by newcommers again.

??? How come come every attempt of starting a serious thread people always use it for some stupid lame reply,s ?? No wonder most have moved on to more mature community,s and this one either never seems to grow larger , or it grow,s smaller but keeps attracting serious tank simmers that later move on only to be replaced by newcommers again.

Just out of curiosity, which are the more mature communities? As for the rest of your post, what do you expect? You start a thread in July to discuss an update that doesn't expect to be released until around Christmas. Why not let someone from E Sim open that thread when the time is right? Most of us realize nothing wished for in this thread is likely going to be in the next update, and so they don't take it seriously.

Your fanatical devotion to getting bouncing roadwheels added is well known. Everyone has an item they would like to see added: A crewable Soviet tank, shadows, Leo 2a10, LeClerc,flowers gently swaying in the breeze as your tank rolls by, B-52s, Tiger I, Death Star, AT-ATs, etc etc etc. Im sure Ssnake and the rest of E Sim is perfectly aware of this. But I'm just as certain they are not going to look at the forums and think " Oh crap, The update is coming out in a few months or so and we still haven't added migrating geese yet."

Sheesh. There is already one person who requests everything he sees on the internet to get added to the next update, what do you suppose the chances of any of those things showing up in December.

My advice is to relax and wait for news from Ssnake who actually knows whats going on.

• Members

I see no harm in such a thread, as long as we accept that eventually it outlives is usefulness as it will eventually veer off into unexpected directions (thanks to generous application of the ThreadJacker 2000 and other fine power tools for the modern forum worker, brought to you by our sponsor, The Work Bench).

It should also be understood that our development plan has a planning horizon of about 12...15 months, so whatever you say here can usually NOT have an influence on the immediate work for the next upgrade (be it this specific one in Q4/2011 or any other future upgrade). So it's more of a permanent poll of what the forum users would like to see. To some extent it's even useful if old wishes get repeated. Partly because my memory is no longer perfect, partly because the composition of this community changes over time (and so may the preferences).

I think I do have a bit of an understanding of what would be welcomed. I just have to make sure that implementing your wishes can be integrated into our work plan with minimal disruption to other development work for which we have contractual obligations.

• Members
It should also be understood that our development plan has a planning horizon of about 12...15 months, so whatever you say here can usually NOT have an influence on the immediate work for the next upgrade

A word of clarification: Of course you may accidentally list items that actually ARE on the immediate work list. In that case it will of course be an example of how well eSim reacts even to short-term customer requests by making possible the impossible.

:debile2: :biggrin:

Are there any plans to enhance the Map Editor tool to be more user friendly and practical?

There is one thing that has been bothering me eversince the last 2 updates came out and when we started to get more buildings and items to use while making the map. A lot of cool things were added, but its a pain in the (you know where) to update existing maps, just because you cannot select multiple items at once and move/rotate/delete them at the same time. It takes a lot of time to scroll through the list of objects every time you want to put something on the map. Just a couple of examples. If there was a way to combine the Mission editor with the map editor tool now that would really be a treat, but I'd be happy if the above mentioned functions would be inserted in 1-2 years.

What I think you have to see is that although the inventory of objects to use in SB are growing, and you have added a lot of goodies to the mix they are not being exploited & used by the players/users the slightest. it's a hard job doing a proper scenario & getting it work out allright, let alone have to go in to the map editor and overhaul every square meter the current way. I think these improvements to the map editor tool are essential.