Comming upgrade thread

oscar19681

found it.

Care to enlighten us?

I've looked through the image and it has to be terrain/atmospheric related, or have you seen something specific?

This update is looking very promising indeed! I couldn't believe what I was seeing when I opened the update gallery and saw Russian text on the interior panels! :) The 3D infantry look great too, such an advancement over the sprites we're used too. Not long to wait now!

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Might have been a T-80U or T-84. What stuck with me was that it was incredibly cramped, and un-ergonomic. Their upgraded T-55 was like ball-room in comparison.

I am a bit surprised you couldnt tell deiffrence between T-72 and T-80U. Also Pakistan army uses Type 59 and not T-55, they are similar but not same.

BTW where are you from Big nose zero-three ?

Can you be more specific?

I'm seeing sand dunes for sure. I don't think I've ever seen detail in PE maps like what I'm seeing in the distance. Shadows seem to be playing a part in that screenie. I'm also seeing some type of structure/wall/temple or ruin ?? Lookin' good.

• Members

Of course there is no such thing as a free lunch with the increased rendering distance. At 2560x1440 and with a Radeon HD 4870, 4X FSAA and 8X Anisotropic Filtering the frame rate drops from 60 to about 30 at 12km range.

Then again, those settings are probably above average, 12km is already pushing it, and there are faster graphics card on the market already. So it's not that bad. :)

Understand the inf are just model replacements, and I believe you are hinting at the fact they move better. You also mentioned somewhere that they perform better within built up areas?

If formations have not been implemented, do inf adjust their formations automatically when dealing with compounds walls and close buildings? Im a little nervous after spending months building maps and towns with great detail only to find it was just impossible to use troops in them, I got way ahead of myself, praying my mistakes are about to rectify themselves?

• Members

There were serious delays in the pathfinding implementation. Nothing insurmountable, but we are hesitant to activate such a serious change at the last minute. In the past this rarely led to good results. Your work won't be for naught though; at the very least with an update after next this would get addressed.

Mate you do that anyway :)

Well with a "crewable" T-72, I can get a diving suit, sit in a small closet, and get to wife to hit with a hammer any part of my body to is deemed snagged by the auto-loader!

Ssnake : Is a Technical mounting an AT-14 very tough to do? It does seem to a major generic threat item in most of the force development discussions around at the moment.

So it's not that bad. :)

Yes it is, I'm going to have to buy another computer.....:eek2:

Still, longer rendering distances, very cool.

(and deadly if you have a FOO with a decent OP.)

On the T-72 Front, I think I have seen an actual pig fly past my window, with a jet pack and everything!

Next Stop, Bouncing Roadwheels!! :)

It may not be "tough" to do, but it certainly will take as much time as any other Technical. It's "doable", but one should not underestimate the amount of effort that has to go into "small" projects such as this.

Understood mate. OK, not easy, but I'd like to submit this as a request. At least SB Pro PE would be able to test how dangerous the "Toyota Horde" actually is.