New Finnish War Movie Coming Out

enigma6584

I came across this in another forum. It looks like a pretty good movie from the trailer and it is about a battle most of us probably never heard of. Included below is a link to the trailer and a link to the historical background for the movie.

It is definately a movie to watch for.

Trailer:

Historical Link on the battle movie is based on:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Tali-Ihantala

Definately worth keeping an eye out for IMHO.

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

Went to see the movie "Tali-Ihantala 1944" yesterday. It's basically not really a movie, it's more of a re-creation of the battle showing tidbits of the action. There is no story really (apart from the battle), you don't get to know any of the characters. The dialog is pretty stiff and the acting is not really that great.

BUT, it was not a totally bad experience. If you like tanks and STUGs in particular there is lots of good footage. They've done some really cool shots through the sights of the different weapons. They must have gotten a bargain on artillery shells as well because there are some pretty impressive barrages. If you have a hankering for about two hours of non-stop shooting in the beautiful Finnish countryside I guess it's worth seeing. You really get a feel for where Zipuli gets his inspiration for the themes and the missions in his scenarios.

It was in my opinon better than the earlier Åke Lindman film "Beyond the front line". That one had a terrible script and this one didn't appear to have any at all. I prefer none to bad so there you go. Although I guess you can get "Beyond the front lines" in bargain bins now and then just fast forward through the rubbish dialog parts.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377935/

If I had made the movie it would have been all about the recon team in their OP. That's the really cool stuff IMHO.

-C-