Question about unit management

LoupGarou

Sorry if this seems a dumb question, but I downloaded a scenario once where the one who made it had been able to make units of not the same type to be in formation that is: some m-113's apc's and an m-113 medic and as far as I recall an m-113 repair as well.

I have always wanted to be able to do this, but I have never known how. The "attach to" command in the map only works for units of the same type in my game, that is, only leo 2a4 to 2a4 for example, or ifv's of the same type in the same formation. I can't even make a CV-90, for example, team up with an MBT. Have I missed/misunderstood something or is this feature something that is only possible in the instructor version of SB? As for myself I am running the 2.546 - 2.552 once I get home and will be able to update :biggrin:

Make a platoon in the editor, detach all the vehicles, and then individually change the types and reattach into a platoon. In current version of SB you can attach/detach units in same platoon. Previously the units could only be of the same type but nowadays heterogenous platoons are possible.

Try out the editor!