Questions about muliply units command and scenarios download

solus

Hello!

I purchased SB Pro Pe recently and found out that since SB Gold, the game changed in many ways. Besides drastic graphic changes, SB became more tactics oriented, it added multiply units, big maps etc.

It’s uneasy to master quickly in such a versatile product, so I would be grateful if somebody answers my questions:

1) How to command multiply units? As for now I make separate routs for each unit under my command one by one (using “engage” rout), hence I have to correct routs many times during the action phase, it takes a lot of time and its hard to concentrate. Is there any way to issue a command to all units simultaneously? What is the best way to command multiply units?

2) Do units have some sort of AI? I know that their behavior depends on the property of the waypoint they are moving in, but if I make the separate waypoint for each units it would take even more time.

3) There a lot of scenarios available for download at the site, but there are very few missions for the last version of the game. Where can I download new scenarios (2.552) and is it possible to make older scenarios work on the new version?

4) Is there Challenger 2 in the game?:) In which mission? I still haven’t seen it.

• Administrators

1) and 2)

It works the same way as SB1 does. Spend as much time as possible in planning to pre place routes and waypoints so you don't have to do it all on the fly.

3)

It's up to the designer on if they want to update for each new version that comes out. Most of them should work ok in the new version. It just depends. If you find that something is not working, then it might be possible to open it in the editor and fix it up to your liking.

4)

Open the mission editor and drop one on the map. I don't know if anyone has added Challenger 2s into their scenarios yet or not. It's easy enough to add them in the scenario editor. It's not first person gunnable yet though.

Hello!

I purchased SB Pro Pe recently and found out that since SB Gold, the game changed in many ways. Besides drastic graphic changes, SB became more tactics oriented, it added multiply units, big maps etc.

It’s uneasy to master quickly in such a versatile product, so I would be grateful if somebody answers my questions:

1) How to command multiply units? As for now I make separate routs for each unit under my command one by one (using “engage” rout), hence I have to correct routs many times during the action phase, it takes a lot of time and its hard to concentrate. Is there any way to issue a command to all units simultaneously? What is the best way to command multiply units?

2) Do units have some sort of AI? I know that their behavior depends on the property of the waypoint they are moving in, but if I make the separate waypoint for each units it would take even more time.

3) There a lot of scenarios available for download at the site, but there are very few missions for the last version of the game. Where can I download new scenarios (2.552) and is it possible to make older scenarios work on the new version?

4) Is there Challenger 2 in the game?:) In which mission? I still haven’t seen it.

Like Sean wrote: you'll have to stick to making separate routes for each unit (but you can copy/paste those routes).

FYI: some parts of this Wiki-chapter "A Practical Guide to Quick Planning" may be of help to you.

But commanding units that are larger than a company, is not easy anyway in SB.

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php/Planning_Phase?chappeep_sbvbforum_wiki__session=6f639d70269cf9d87294ee5900380a91#A_Practical_Guide_to_Quick_Planning

Rgds,

K

Edited by Koen

The reason why the newer ones are marked as 2.552 is that some people haven't bought the upgrade and are a few versions behind. So the scenarios in the Download area that are marked 2.552 can contain vehicles and functions that aren't working with their version.