Best beer ever

tankenator

I've taken a liking to this beer I'd never seen before: Optimator, Spaten of Munich. Ah, the Germans know beer... So, do the Belgians. I have to agree with Bluewings, but we do have a good trade relationship with those beer procuding countries in Europe ;)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I see, many US drink german beer. Mybe beacause of the german "reinheitsgebot"?

Heineken and other belian beer tasts very bad. There is also Beck's from germany, which really rules. Guinnes, no doubt is also good. Last November when I was in Ireland it could drink one in a pub. That atmosphere is undescribable.

@Thiefcatcher

Licher sux :hallucine:

poor, shit, im not wealthy and i wont drink that skunk piss.....homebrew if you are poor, its cheep and excellent in flavor, the current batch i have in a corneilus keg tastes very similiar to hacker pschorr weisse and i got 5 gallons for 25 bucks in ingredients (which would be cheeper if i had the space and time to do whole grain batches).....that and its fun!!

Let me check the fridge...Hmmmm. I've got some Tilburg's Dutch Brown, some MacKeson Triple Stout, some ever reliable Warsteiner, Sierra Nevada Summerfest (a little hoppy for my tastes but drinkable), two cans of Tecate, and one bottle of Red Stripe that I can bring my self to choke down.

Anyone ever try "Banks Beer" from Barbados? I worked in Barbados for TRW for a couple of years.(about 25 years ago ) Really enjoyed the beer.....have not had any since.....can not get it in the states. Damn. Also had great rum...Mount Gay...which is imported to the states.

• 4 years later...

Favorite tipple is Rochefort 10 Trappist, or if a lighter ale is needed then Rochefort 6

The Westvleteren Trappist is reputed to be the best but is difficult to get a hold of and you have to phone them to book a case in advance as there is a waiting list for it, not yet tried this one.

• Members
The Westvleteren Trappist is reputed to be the best but is difficult to get a hold of and you have to phone them to book a case...

Yeah, I can imagine that a phone conversation with a Trappist monk might be a bit of a challenge. :debile2:

Yeah, I can imagine that a phone conversation with a Trappist monk might be a bit of a challenge. :debile2:

At 10.2%ABV I would not be surprised!

Buyers were originally limited to ten 24-bottle crates of the beer per car, but as the beer increased in popularity, this was first reduced to five, then to two. For the Westvleteren 12 in 2009, it was limited to one case. When making an order now, the type and quantity of beer available for sale are revealed. Sales are limited to one order a month per person per license plate and phone number. Also, the beer must be reserved on their "beerphone" (+32 (0)70 21 00 45) beforehand. The monks do not sell beer to individuals who drive up to the abbey hoping to purchase beer.

Brew Dog in Scotland has some very nice beers

Tokyo an aged stout at 18% and I have a couple of bottles in the fridge :)

Tactical Nuclear Penguin at 32% is a rather tasty stout, I've none left :(

They also did one called Sink The Bismark which was 41%

How about your "Every day beer", "Ice Fishin beer" or "welfare beer" as we call it? By this I mean the beers we consume when we are:

1. Short on cash.

2. Plan to go on a bender and need mass quanities for activities like Ice Fishing.

3. Plan to on on a bender and don't want to get filled up on "heavy" brews i.e. Guiness for example.

4. Or you just like a nice mid to low range brew once in awhile.

Here are my favorites.

1. Pabst Blue Ribbon

2. Rainier

3. Lone Star

4. Miller High Life

Pete

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Never heard of it, but it certainly is significantly above normal price levels (maybe $3.50 ... $6 per liter). However, transport to a distant location and storage certainly add to the costs, so it doesn't appear downright outrageous.