Fistv

lenny1518

How anoying is the FISTV you try to snurgle up to get better eyes on and every time you have to slew the sights from the 6 o clock position? Whats all that about? No doubt its a good bit of kit but i think that they could employ a similar system to us brits. we have the warrior opv which just looks like a normal warrior but can do the same as the FistV. Note its my personell opinion and i dont want to rattle any bodys cages, could they not employ a bradley as we do the warrior.

I 'get around' the turret direction problem by turning downslope just before the crest, and then slowly reversing up in the direction of the crest in small steps until the sight just clears the ridge and I have eyes on the target.

As the hull is substancially protected (by cover) it doesn't matter that the (barely) thicker hull front is facing the 'wrong' way. It also gives the dual advantages of a faster getaway if you are spotted, and a turret that doesn't rotate to any direction that the direction of observation whenever you adjust position.

No doubt its a good bit of kit but i think that they could employ a similar system to us brits. we have the warrior opv which just looks like a normal warrior but can do the same as the FistV. Note its my personell opinion and i dont want to rattle any bodys cages, could they not employ a bradley as we do the warrior.

Of course they could.

It's called the M7 BFIST.

bradley-fist.jpg

In the same way that they took an M901ITV and simply replaced the TOW missile tubes with electronics to make the FIST-V, they've done the same with Bradley by taking out the TOW missile tubes and sticking cameras in it.

What did the British use back in the FV-432 days, before Warrior OPVs came along?

Remember, FIST-V was not a unique vehicle.

This vehicle has anti-tank missiles, the M901, and there was a full company of them in a mechanised infantry battalion.

ve_fv_m901_3.jpg

This is a FIST-V

m981a3.jpg

Not so easy to identify the artillery vehicle from a distance, is it?

NTM

• 2 years later...
It is on the list.

The List? I keep hearing about this mysterious list. Can you share the list? How do I petition to place something on the list? Is that even possible? Where is the list, a safe, a repository?

I myself have a many lists........

Here is one:

#1- Politicians

#2- Lawyers

#3- Doctors

The List? I keep hearing about this mysterious list. Can you share the list? How do I petition to place something on the list? Is that even possible? Where is the list, a safe, a repository?

Here is one:

#1- Politicians

#2- Lawyers

#3- Doctors

Add your pleas here: http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php/The_List It will have at least as much effect as mentioning it here.

Mog

Dude,

You forgot bankers.

That's funny man! I looked at the link for "the list" and all I can say is that sh*t is crazy. What self respecting tanker would climb into a crewed T-72?

Oh I see, to get the feel of the "other guys" as they are blasted from the cupola!

Seriously the FISTV model is there, with a few minor changes and so are the parts to make an IPM1.

Pete

Here is one:

#1- Politicians

#2- Lawyers

#3- Doctors

Hmm...I SMELL A HERETIC.

*Hail the list*

;-)