Civilian Vehicles ..

Growler

Walking a thin line over here .. was wondering..

If by any chance that the devs could add in AI Civilian vehicles? (Like Cars, Construction Trucks, tractors .. etc..)

It would be great to have them placed in missions, so that Tankers would have to learn not to just fire indiscriminately at anything that just moves on the map?

would be cool to have.

Aren't medic vehicles already treated as non-threats? In that case it wouldn't much of a problem. I guess if you had the option to have medic trucks, jeeps and stuff you could make civilian textures for those and you would have some sort of (eye candy) non combatant force.

For scoring you can slap a penalty on the destruction of these vehicles and then you have to really watch that indirect fire.

-C-

• Members

Well, one would want the see an option to add mission evaluation metrics here, e.g. to measure the amount of collateral damage. Aside from the target recognition issue there are also some tactical challenges that I'd like to see together with non-combatant vehicles, so there's a bit more to it than to simply expand the collection of "ambulance vehicles without a red cross".

For the military customers there are probably many hundred different parameters and behaviours that must be implemented to make a non-combatant force useful for training. I was more in the "it would be cool with a bunch of civvy vehicles driving around the map and I think I know an easy way to do it"-mode. I was sort of just making conversation.

However I couldn't really be done without implementing damage modelling which includes flattening of a vehicle and of course an improved suspension modelling for the tracks. ;-)

-C-

For the military customers there are probably many hundred different parameters and behaviours that must be implemented to make a non-combatant force useful for training. I was more in the "it would be cool with a bunch of civvy vehicles driving around the map and I think I know an easy way to do it"-mode. I was sort of just making conversation.

However I couldn't really be done without implementing damage modelling which includes flattening of a vehicle and of course an improved suspension modelling for the tracks. ;-)

-C-

could not agree more with the abilaty tio flatten a vehicle and suspension thing

How about just stationary vehicles? Like the ones parked or abandoned on the side of the street or even blocking the street. Think of them as obstacles that would have to be towed or pushed to the side. I could envision a scenario where NATO/Warsaw pact would have to deal with the thousand of car blocking the autobahn. Would, I think add to the realism.