'partially playable'

RICH12ACE

• Members

It's still on the to-do list. We didn't manage to finish it as it was planned for some PE release a while back (2.460?), and then it slipped down the list when other urgent issues emerged ... like the crud that collects at the bottom of an email in-box. Yes, you should really go and answer those mails... but then again, you didn't answer them for such a long time that it would now be embarrassing, so you repress the thought because it's so much more comfortable. I suppose, those psychological mechanisms work in development teams as well.

It's good to get a nudge about it. I'll try to put it back on the agenda.

For those that want the T-xx to be playable, may I ask how often you play the LeoAS1 vs the M1/M1A1 or Leo 2 in an MP session? I know of few players who will volunarily select the AS1 if given the choice, so I would predict the novelty fading away very quickly for a T-xx. So really, why bother investing the time/resources at all?
why bother investing the time/resources at all

why?

I can tell you why

Because the professional users want one!

I wasn't sure where this was going so I have two answers.

1. If the "professional users want one" response was related to the Leo AS1, then sure we certainly did want one because we use SB Pro and we had Leo AS1 as our MBT.

Now that we have moved on (backwards?) its still nice for it to be there for those of us who want to go down memory lane from time to time.

2. If the "professional users want one" response was related to a playable T-xx, then "we" as professionals and users of SB Pro (to cover the options on "professional") don't require it.

If we did we would have spent some money on one by now.

For us, T-xx is OPFOR (or maybe coalition partners) and whether AI or human controlled, doesn't require workable crew stations.

The Finns also use SB Pro and had T-72, but even they (as "professional users" who owned the platform) didn't appear to see the value in (or perhaps couldn't afford to pay for) modelling it. I'm not a Finn so I can't give a definative answer to that.

Now if your definition of "professional" is someone who plays SB Pro PE 12+ hrs a day, then I can't comment on that either.

However, I'm not in the "inner circle" so I can't discount it totally (along the same lines as CR2).