Combining Unlike Units

Tankleader

Guys,

Thanks for the tip, worked like a charm.

Tanks

Andy

Just be careful which units you have occupy which positions.

If you want the ambulance to be at the back of the column then you need to make sure you give it the right call sign (since the order of march in "column" etc are determined by the vehicle's call sign).

Just be careful which units you have occupy which positions.

If you want the ambulance to be at the back of the column then you need to make sure you give it the right call sign (since the order of march in "column" etc are determined by the vehicle's call sign).

Interesting Mark, I did not know that vehicles call sign determined vehicles order of march during AI movement.

One thing that might be a problem (happened a few times, esp. in MP games)

If you combine units with/and without weapons (f.e. an M-88 + M113 med), some times the ammo on the M-88's maschine gun disapears when you split the unit...(shows as ammo "unknown") and can't be reloaded.

Btw, Bugzilla allready has this??

Can you describe what the units callsigns are and where you find them. is it the same as 1/1/A etc. i made a tank platoon with 3 tanks then divided the unit into 3 seperate vehicles then renamed them to abrams hemtt and aslavA. i wanted the tank first hemtt and aslavA in that order in a column and made sure that the tank was 1/1/A the hemtt was 4/1/A and finally the aslavA as 2/1/A. thats the order of rank platoon leader, platoon seargent then platoon leader wingman. i then reattached them and found out in the game that the 2/1/A was first and then i tried different recombination attempts and the 2/1/A was always first which to me indicates that there must be different id numbers and callsigns somewhere. Thanks

As per the PM I've just sent:

You don't assign call signs, you make sure the vehicle you want is in the right place and it then uses that call sign.

So in a 6 vehicle group in column the OoM is:

5 <- for four vehicle units these drop off.

6 <- for four vehicle units these drop off.

So if you want the ambulance (say) to be number 4 in the column you need to break the unit up and change vehicle "3" (the exact callsign depends on the Coy, Pl, etc.) to be the ambulance.

You then need to consider though that the Ambulance will always go where vehicle "3" sits in the various formations.

So in Wedge that is:

<---1<>4

<-2 <---> 3

5 <--------> 6

etc.

If you break the unit up and then actually change the name of the individual vehicle it will no longer recombine with the parent as it is now no longer part of the parent unit.