print problem

papajones109

I can't get the mission briefing to print. I go to the menu click on print report

a window opens to name file and where to save it. I later go to the saved file

which is in pdf format click on it to print it and a blank sheet comes up. any ideas what's up. Is there any place you can find tutorial briefings you can print.

Does it come up in an adobe reader grey (Blank) screen?

Adobe Reader X (10) has a protected mode found in Options/Preferences under general, *Start Reader in protected mode* or something like that.

In short it stops programs other than adobe reader from creating or opening a pdf document.

I'm having a related problem. I'm running win7 X64. When I open up a scenario and go under "File" and select "Print blank map", "Print displayed map" or "Print report" the program freezes. It doesn't crash. The window stays open and the computer doesn't freeze because I can still move the cursor but the buttons in the SB program no longer operate.

I have to CTRL-ALT-DELETE out of the program. The task manager says that the program is not responding and I have to force quit. After I force quit there is a "Save the file as" widow that is saving an .xps document. If I name and save the document it doesn't show up where directed or anywhere else.

I have no other problems running SB. I've had SB for quite a while, I've just never pushed one of those three buttons before.

Any advice would be appreciated. (I have Adobe 9.1.2 on my computer if it makes a difference and I also have an xps file viewer. )

Thanks for the quick reply.

First, going to windowed mode worked. The program does not lock up and the maps are saved. (I assume they are in a format that will print, I don't have my printer hooked up right now.) I can live with going to windowed mode to print the maps but is there some adjustment I can make so that I can stay in full screen mode?

Second, maybe I have misunderstood what the "Print report" button does. I assumed it would print the briefing for the scenario. If it does I'm getting a blank document. It just occurred to me that it may print the "report" referred to on the right of the window under the "DISPLAY" selector in which case there is never anything there. (What is that "report" selection there for anyway?)

Thanks for the help.

Thanks, but is that what the "Print report" button is referring to or is it referring to the briefing?

Also, regarding the first part of my question is there a way to print the maps without going to windowed mode?