• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Getting back after a long break with a new Rig,

SPpro all patched up (including the directX reqd'). But I Keep getting the error:

'Codemeter error: Please insure your CM stick is securely in a USB port. 100146:11051'

replugged the dongle in a couple of other USB ports but still the same error.

gone throu the Tech forums checked the CM WebAdmin > contents> license window, all correct eg: product code is 11051 and eSims is 100146.

Up graded to CM 1.12 OK.

SBpro runs OK, running a few gunnery Tutorials.

-I just close the error window that always starts up when ever I fire up SB pro..

I have been installing a few 'newer' Games including the DirectX installs that usually come with them..

I suspect this may be the problem?

System Restore doesnt appear to work either.

Any ideas most appreciated...

• Members

There may be a firewall blocking the communication of the stick via port 22350.

The easiest way to get things running is to directly contact Support at CodeMeter.com and to CC me in the emails. To the first email you should attach a log file that you need to generate with the CmDUST tool which is to be found in the CodeMeter program group.

It may very well possible that follow-on questions by the support team require an additional log file. You can prepare this by starting the CodeMeter Control Center (right-click the CM try icon and select the top entry of the context menu) by setting the checkmark under File... Logging.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

It doesn't hurt to check for a firmware upgrade. We usually put the sticks, after adding the license, into the boxes. I know that we had at least one rather large batch of sticks with firmware 1.08, and that one is faulty so ANY newer version is a plus.

• Members

Right-click the round CodeMeter tray icon, and select "show" (or whatever the first entry from the top is in English). This will open the CodeMeter Control Center. It will list the name of the stick (if you set one), the firmware number, and more. And there's a button to "Update Firmware", in case that you wondered.

• 1 year later...

OK, it is a little off topic but....

My CM USB Dongle working perfectly but when i want to unplugit option "Safely Remove Hardware" dont working, its constantly showing me message "... CodeMeter USB stick cannot be stopped right now. try stoping the device again later".

OK, i dont know is this normal for this type of USB stick, but i really whoud not want to risk of messing up something with this dongle.

You are quite right that it doesn't respond to "remove hardware safely".

Unless you are actually using the firmware update, or actively using or updating the license(s) it shouldn't be reading or writing much anyway, the eSim CM device doesn't have a flash drive for data that would require a bit more careful handling.

I just pull the stick on the (rare) occassions when I'll be away from home with a suitable machine available to use SB on, otherwise I mostly leave it plugged in and running. Occassionally all my USB devices re-enumerate themselves (a flaky modem driver is the cause).

I've not had any issues with the Codemeter device being damaged in the 2+ years I've been running it this way.

Edited by GH_Lieste
See below for better management suggestions ;)

Well as andym quite rightly points out there is a eject CM sticks entry on the CM icon. You should use that to remove the CM portion of the stick, and safely remove hardware to remove the Flash drive element if you have a more expensive version that includes a Read/Write drive.

I just hadn't noticed it before <doh> :redface:

OK thats better.

Like andym said, i accidentally pointed on dongle icon and then i saw pop-up message "Safely Remove Hardwear" this then reminde me on standard USB stick removal procedures. Then I saw here that some users haved troubles with CodeMeter and USB dongle so i decided to check this to be sure.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Just some info for all who received dongles with the 2.46 upgrade. I was curious about the firmware version packed with my new stick and was surprised that I could not update it. I contacted codemeter and this was the response:

an update is only possible with CmSticks who begin with serialnr. “2-“ and if you have installed CodeMeter Runtime envirement version 4.01.

CmSticks who begin “with serialnr. ”1-“ can´t be updated.

Just some info for all who received dongles with the 2.46 upgrade. I was curious about the firmware version packed with my new stick and was surprised that I could not update it. I contacted codemeter and this was the response:

an update is only possible with CmSticks who begin with serialnr. “2-“ and if you have installed CodeMeter Runtime envirement version 4.01.

CmSticks who begin “with serialnr. ”1-“ can´t be updated.

This sounds a bit odd. I have a 1- series stick, and I know that I updated the firmware from 1.08 to 1.14 since I received the stick. There may not be an available update, but the stick is certainly capable of updating itself.