CodeMeter improvements

Ssnake

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nils, an update. Still not working for me.

Followed instructions, but didn't get prompted for a password. Selected Process Update etc, a progress bar starts and get a process failed message. In the CM log window (Event Viewer) it says "TCP/IP connection to Field Update Server is not available".

Tried it with firewall off, reboot etc. Stick works fine and will run the sim. Maybe the update server is down?

Any help appreciated.

cheers

smith

In the CM log window (Event Viewer) it says "TCP/IP connection to Field Update Server is not available".

I got that message a couple of times as well. Then I got something similar after putting the password in. Finally it worked (without asking for a password so I assume it's logging IP's when you request the upgrade).

After it finally reported completing the update successfully I tried to start SBPro and got a CodeMeter API Error 23 message. Sorted this out by simply rebooting my PC. Working 100% now.

• Members

You don't always have to enter a password - if you typed it in a short time before it may still be cached.

It also seems that sometimes several attempts are required to perform the upgrade. What should happen after the password prompt is a period of less than a minute where the LED will be on, changing between red and green. Finally there will be a message box telling you that the upgrade was successful.

If the password is wrong it will seemingly continue (without the LED flashing) and then the message box will tell you that the upgrade failed (but not give a detailed reason, like: Wrong password).

• Members

Not sure if there is an update server overload or something. Unfortunately the weekend has begun, so Wibu tech support will answer only after Monday. You may want to try onece or twice during tomorrow or sunday in case that the update server was just temporarily down (those of you who got the timeour message), afterwards try and contact Wibu support staff. There is nothing that I could tell you at this point beyound what we already announced.

Is there any way to check the current status of link to server, if internet conn seems ok on every other channel? For me it seems to be a comm prob to that special server...maybe I should try it 3 am... ;)

Is there any way to check the current status of link to server, if internet conn seems ok on every other channel? For me it seems to be a comm prob to that special server...maybe I should try it 3 am... ;)

Hi Joe,

Friday 12:30pm

I just updated my CodeMeter stick, fast and with complete success, with a slight scare of a error 32 message, but a quick re-boot of system did the trick and all works fine.

For any that might have a problem finding the update/site, do the following:

1. rt-clk on CodeMeter Icon in lower rt tasktray

2. select: view as window

3. select: process

4. select: update CM-Stick Firmware (wait till finished..lol)

5. reboot

AND as Ssnake mentioned, LEAVE your CodeMeter stick IN before and after..

AND, as mentioned password that works if you have none is: CodeMeter, just like that.

LS

Heya, that worked: so make sure you write the (pass)word "CodeMeter" in that way (with capital C and M) if you have no other password. Ok thx for making me aware of this. (if it was a conn prob, go online during low trafic time ;) j/k

CodeMeter firmware update was successful. :D

But, two scary moments (1) I got a "Not Responding" error message during the update process, and (2) I got an "Error 23" message when I first tried to use the CodeMeter after updating the firmware. I unplugged the stick and plugged it back in again. Then, everything was OK. The update process took a while, and the "Not Responding" message was quickly replaced by the "Finished" message. I don't know what that was all about. :roll: The "Error 23" was curred by removing then replacing the stick.

What we really need is the ability to host LAN games with one stick. That would be a helpful update. :lol:

Ssnake:

If you changed your password, and forgot it, you deserve a little spanking from your mistress.
Heh, heh, no comment... :twisted:

Updated without a hitch- thanks for the "noob-proof" instructions, Ssnake.

(And thanks also for the mention of the password case-sensitivity, TopKick, that would have got me for sure. :roll: )

• 2 weeks later...

Well i was finally able to update the firmware, but i discovered a problem between the Codemeter-Updater and the firewall Netlimiter 2 Pro. Netlimiter seems to block any connection attempts between the stick and the TCP/IP connection to the internet - Even if u deactivate the fw !! Only an uninstall has helped me - So if u use Netlimiter and also have problems - Uninstall is the best option :)

Greetings Hawk

Ok, I have a slight problem

The dongle works fine, makes the noise when I plug it in, makes it when I take it out, but no codemeter icon on the bar on the bottom right hand corner of the screen. I dont know why that is, but that is what is going on. So, any hints as to how to rectify the situation?

*Back from vacation*

Add another successful upgrade to the list.

Followed Ssnake's directions, entered CodeMaster as password (case sensitive), and waited out the apparent 'lock up' after entering the password. 60-90 seconds later, successful upgrade, no error messages.

Thanks Ssnake.