Season is open

Ssnake

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do the Leo1's gun and t72 compare in terms of ballistics/penetration ect.

Im just thinking back to the imagine harders days and wondering for all those scenarios where u could swap out the leo1 for the t72 how much difference it would make to the sceanrio?

;199599']In terms of hitting the target?

Its so different from western tanks:eek2:. IT will take some time to master in the sim.

However different is good to keep the grey matter alive.:redface:

Hitting a target is not the problem, learning another Fire control system is, and always has been.:biggrin:

• Members
1. Any chance you can just post all the images in one place (i.e. the gallery) instead of some here and some there (or at least post all the images in both locations)?

Over time (that is, within the next weeks), everything relevant will be posted in the gallery. It is unlikely though that the exact same images will always be released synchronously for two reasons

1) Some websites want exclusive material, so they get screenshots that I can't release somewhere else.

2) It's intentional. Please understand that I want people to talk about what they found, so it's going to be a little egg-hunt.

2. When can I send you my money? :)

You can send money whenever you want, and I promise to spend it well. ;)

If you are referring to the point at which you may place your orders in our web shop, I can't say for sure. Al doesn't like to take preorders as long as there is a chance that production may not get finished at the published date. This decision will rest with him, and rightfully so. I could imagine that he might open the web shop for preorders as soon as the beta test is officially finished and the materials are sent off for manufacturing. That would be mid to late November.

Over time (that is, within the next weeks), everything relevant will be posted in the gallery. It is unlikely though that the exact same images will always be released synchronously for two reasons

1) Some websites want exclusive material, so they get screenshots that I can't release somewhere else.

2) It's intentional. Please understand that I want people to talk about what they found, so it's going to be a little egg-hunt.

Understood, nothing like viral marketing and chatter to help the product. :)

No doubt the YouTube Offensive will commence soon too?

You can send money whenever you want, and I promise to spend it well. ;)

If you are referring to the point at which you may place your orders in our web shop, I can't say for sure. Al doesn't like to take preorders as long as there is a chance that production may not get finished at the published date. This decision will rest with him, and rightfully so. I could imagine that he might open the web shop for preorders as soon as the beta test is officially finished and the materials are sent off for manufacturing. That would be mid to late November.

Well as much as I'd love to send you cash, I suspect my employer is already sending you some. :)

OK will wait a release / pre order date.

Do we know if the "re written" manual will be ready by then too?

Ideally I'd like to upgrade, update the extra licences and buy the new manual all in one transaction. :)

will the version modelled have a laser range finder.

Or will it use the a ranging machine gun. to range a target some older versions did

I seen an interview once were a Israeli general said that using the ranging machine gun was a very accurate Method

PS i really hope we will see the BMP3 and Apache.in the update.

As excited as i am with what i have seen already.will there be any improvement in the capabilities of the helo's

I can only imagine how i would have to re think my current tactics if helo;s were a major threat especially in desert Terrain you would have deploy air defence units.and also crunches with man pads.or risk annihilation by air.

* What is DIDO ?

All I can find is this = a Centurion mk 5 based in Berlin

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47209/thread/1301384319/1301452629/need+info+on+Brit+centurion+DIDO

From memory, and as far as I can tell from a quick search online, "Dido" is a Centurion Mk.5 of Berlin-based C Squadron, 4th RTR, 1961. In this incarnation it was actually armed with the 84mm 20 pounder, not the 105mm L7. The IDF Centurion (Sho’t) was also armed with the 20 pounder during the Six Day War but by Yom Kippur was upgraded to the L7.

Tamiya included “Dido” in its very old 1:35 Centurion kit which I built when I was a teenager. You can find a similar vehicle from 4RTR's A Squadron as a Hobby Master die-cast model here: http://www.themotorpool.net/British-Centurion-Mk-5-Tank-Diehard-p/hg3502.htm

The Centurion is probably my favourite tank of all time. Will it be crewable in 2.620 or AI-controlled only?

Edited by Panzer_Leader

• Moderators
HEY! wiki is updated with the C R E W A B L E T-72M1 :debile2:

:gen004:

Wow, you found that fast. :biggrin:

Yes, the team is trying to put together the wiki page for it to give everyone something to read/study/drool over. It will gradually come together before the release so check back often...