Season is open

Ssnake

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Personally I think there is no moving suspension in SB yet because it hasn't been requested/mentioned enough times in the forum. This is the first I have heard of it.

Seriously, you have to ask yourself: what would you rather have first? It would be nice to get the chicken and the egg a the same time, but maybe it would be nice to have shadows, better visual effects, 3D troops, playable OPFOR and so on before bouncing road wheels? You just have to accept that things are happening in a certain order for a reason.

Personally I think there is no moving suspension in SB yet because it hasn't been requested/mentioned enough times in the forum. This is the first I have heard of it.

Seriously, you have to ask yourself: what would you rather have first? It would be nice to get the chicken and the egg a the same time, but maybe it would be nice to have shadows, better visual effects, 3D troops, playable OPFOR and so on before bouncing road wheels? You just have to accept that things are happening in a certain order for a reason.

Hear, Hear I agree.

Same here. Suspencion in SB is not high on my personal list. I think if and when suspension is introduced you probably need some kind of physics too.

You know what I'd like to see first?

Multy-party ability for steelbeasts, and I bet a couple of MoD's are also requesting it 8-)

hi!! the T-72M1 wiki is getting HOT :diable:

is not yet released and already making a humble request :redface:

the bitmap of driver vision block can me replaced or moded? The real one has just one vision block and the one showed at wiki has three. Is like you are in the M1A1 :cvc:

t72-79.jpg

t72-53.jpg

in game (at wiki)...

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/images/thumb/4/4b/M1A1%28HA%29_drivers_view_buttoned.jpg/300px-M1A1%28HA%29_drivers_view_buttoned.jpg

I know, is a little detail -maybe is not that little to achieve...- but if can be added for release... thanks!

:gen004:

...a cryptic post from Nils on the German SB-site:

I can now predict that the most popular keyboard shortcuts in SB Pro PE 2.620 at Christmas time will be around the "M" and "V".

=> ???

I don't know it has been mentioned but I'm guessing pressing "M" or "V" is for commanders and gunners to use their machineguns?
You are about 50% correct.

From the Wiki:

V: Load the main gun. This button instructs the auto-loader mechanism to load a main gun round.

SPACE BAR: Fire main gun. Fires the main gun (coax uses a separate key).

M: Fire coax. Fires the coaxial machine gun (main gun uses a separate key).

From the wiki, T-72M1:

WARNING: Leaving the engine running continuously for about 50-60 minutes will cause the stabilization to be damaged as the hydraulics overheat.

What should the player do to prevent this from happening? turn stab on only when contact is expected?

Do both the general turret stab and GPS mirror stab affect the overheating?

How much time does the hydraulics need to cool down to "reset" the 60min. overheat timer again?

From the Wiki:

V: Load the main gun. This button instructs the auto-loader mechanism to load a main gun round.

SPACE BAR: Fire main gun. Fires the main gun (coax uses a separate key).

M: Fire coax. Fires the coaxial machine gun (main gun uses a separate key).

It could be that we just have different keys for the coax machine guns now.

• Moderators

What should the player do to prevent this from happening? turn stab on only when contact is expected?

Do both the general turret stab and GPS mirror stab affect the overheating?

How much time does the hydraulics need to cool down to "reset" the 60min. overheat timer again?

Ah yes, I forgot to add that info. Currently we are working out the details.

Shilka x Cold War missions!! :eek2: This will be THE update!! can pre order and have it in november? :biggrin:

:gen004:

pd: please is this at wiki confirmed?

In Steel Beasts the tank commander's (TC) position on the Leopard 2A4 is fully crew-able but partially modeled. Currently the user cannot click on the switches in the interior 3D view, but the interior 3D view is present and the user's head pans from sight to sight, or to the vision blocks. The TC's position is accessed by pressing F7.

so we can start to celebrate ALSO for the Leopard 2A4 3D cockpit? :shocked: :eek2: :biggrin: