Season is open

Ssnake

Yes, Yes, and I Don't Know What You Mean (but probably the answer still is Yes).

I presume the vagueness implied refers to my question about "any changes to the map." In which case, I meant any new features that improve upon the creation of them (new objects, new areas, etc).

At any rate, this is adding up to be quite an upgrade.

Thanks!

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am wondering if we will see some improvements to those little things you do all the time, firing and shooting stuff! Are we going to see any visual updates on things like tracer splash or damage? Perhaps some variety in these elements would give the whole combat experience a more interesting look and feel, these effects are still original SB effects.

thanks

• Moderators
Speaking of minor graphic details. Is the spare outer wheel on the M1 being removed? There was some talk about that being wrong.

What in heavens name are you talking about? If something on the M1 is/was wrong, then I would have made it known during development. ;)

You can assume that everything on the M1 is correct.

• Moderators
Well, you could remove the rear skirt over the drive sprockets. Or better yet do an IPM1.

Removing the rear skirts and the presence of the sprocket guide depends on the unit and time period. If we are talking about the M1, as in, the original fielded in 1980 (the one in SB), it was intended that it appeared like the very original with the "training wheels" as we called them (the sprocket guides that were later removed on M1A1s). That is all intentional. Speaking of the M1, yes, some units removed the last skirt and some did not. Some had different battle board arrangements as they had different load plans. It is all dependent on unit SOP. I am just tired of hearing that a spare road wheel here and sprocket guide there is "wrong" when really, it is entirely intangible.

Making an M1(IP) is a little more involved than just changing a texture or removing a sprocket guide. ;) But yes, one day that would be nice to have.

Well I'm not sure I'd like to be in a playable M109.

There you are manning the gun line, just shoving rounds in, firing at targets tens of Km away, and then suddenly a broken tranmission about a neaby breakthrough.

You try to get your slow reacting (relatively speaking) machine setup for direct fire engagements just in time to eat a 125mm round from a passing T-whatever.

We haven't even got them on the map yet, let alone as playable. :)

• Members
We seem to be getting all the kit for asymmetric warfare but no comment about multiple sides, NGOs, etc.?

The work on that has started, but it is in way too early stages to include it in the coming PE release. Essentially all PE related code is frozen, and only bug fixes will get added at this stage.

I was talking about the technical aspects of the stuff that no one sees (under the hood). ;)

The IPM1 was the last production M68 armed M1. The M68 was deleted and the M256 120 mm added. Hence the M1A1. But you know all this. Nothing new under the hood just the existing M1A1 with a wee little M68, 105mm canon.

• Moderators
The IPM1 was the last production M68 armed M1. The M68 was deleted and the M256 120 mm added. Hence the M1A1. But you know all this. Nothing new under the hood just the existing M1A1 with a wee little M68, 105mm canon.

Uh... I am talking about the actual work that it takes to get a vehicle in SB -- something that only the people behind the curtain know what I am talking about. It has nothing to do with what gun was added, or how similar the vehicle is. The vehicles in SB are very complex and it is more involved then just simply adding this and swapping that. If it were that simple, we would have the M1(IP) and the M1A1 and who-knows-what-else already.

eSim is introducing the Fuchs and Boxer. Does this mean the Bundeswehr is a customer now? Just curious ;)

I'm loving both the models of the Fuchs and Boxer. Well done.

Well, Fuchs was also sold to other armies ;-)

And a think I have an idea who requested these cars.