The 2.620 COOP Campaign bulletin

Zipuli

It's funny to see how people were freaked out NOT having a playable T72 in SB so far, and now that opportunity presents itself nobody wants to take it...

I did play around with the T72 quite a lot yesterday, it's an interesting but hard flick, you don't get high tech "gizmos" in it like in the other playable tanks. It's hard, manual labour... but definitely worthwhile and FUN!

I'm in to CC one. Zip, I'll go into this slot:

1st Platoon-Wingman (T-72M1): Corporal _______________

I'm really looking forward to having a go at it. It'll be almost a flashback for me: based on what I see in the Wiki, the only more or less improvement over what I had in the Centurion (circa 1960's) is the laser rangefinder, crude as it appears to be. We also had an IR searchlight, multiple markings on the graticle pattern gunsight for various munitions and ranges, and so on.

I take it that the Beta team has access to the T-72 right now, and that the rest of us will have to wait for the new version to arrive. OK by me: time to read in via the Wiki and to study up (again!) on Warsaw Pact tactics, not to mention those used by our Finnish friends.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually very happy about the T-72 and more than happy to ride this bitch :D regardless of if I get my ass whooped

Your lack of willingness to try something new is both revealing and Hilarious

How long before we see a banner for

'Remove T-72 from Steelbeasts - it makes me feel dirty'

They should stick you guys in glass cases next to your former rides

:smilelove-1:

Hats of to you Zip for trying

Actually very happy about the T-72 and more than happy to ride this bitch :D regardless of if I get my ass whooped

I’m glad the T-72 fans got it modelled, I’m just not one of them (I didn’t miss a notice somewhere that it was compulsory, did I?). :)

Not “anti T-72”, just “T-72 indifferent”.

As for “trying something new“ I’ve spent years learning / adjusting to:

Leopard 1 gunnery

Scorpion gunnery

M1 gunnery

ASLAV gunnery

So I’m happy that I’m adaptive. :)

Well when they retire my current “ride” in about 2040 more than happy to be in a glass case beside one. :)

:smilelove-1:

Well, you have to understand not EVERYONE has been crying for a playable T-72. For me T-XX tanks are just targets, don't care if there is a human or AI controller of it. People has favored different tanks since SB1. Like me, I always try to avoid the M1, so I wouldn't give a crap if the M1A2SEP became playable in SB, in the same way as I don´t give a crap for the playable T-72.

Now, more logistic/CSS units in sb... :smilelove-1:

Like?

More ARVs.

be able to replace engine and barrels ingame.

More trucks. both MANs that are upparmored and Scania with switchable loads (dont know the word for it)

Tank transporters.

The whole medical line with Casevac, Aid post, Bn aid post etc.

fun stuff like that :) (yeah I know im dreaming, and most of it is outside SB scope, but I would love it. In many of the major campaigns Ive wished I had stuff like that!)

More ARVs.

They allready can change the engine! But 3:45 hours are a bit long for most online games :-P

Well, I've seen a Leopard 2 pulled in=> engine pulled => new engine connected => Leopard2 moves out on his own in under 20 minutes (16 something).

;-)

(Of course the "spanners" cheated a little 8-) )

More ARVs.

More trucks. both MANs that are upparmored and Scania with switchable loads (dont know the word for it)

Tank transporters.

The whole medical line with Casevac, Aid post, Bn aid post etc.

Next you'll be wanting individual serial numbers on sea cans so you can verify them and check them off your packing manifest.

fun stuff like that

For sufficiently small values for "fun".

"Steel Beasts 3 - Log Ops" probably wouldn't sell very well.

DG

Next you'll be wanting individual serial numbers on sea cans so you can verify them and check them off your packing manifest.

Oh forgot that! what a splendid idea!

For sufficiently small values for "fun".

"Steel Beasts 3 - Log Ops" probably wouldn't sell very well.

1 Copy :biggrin:

DG

Gibs: yeah thats the once, PLS, thanks for that!

The point is not that I am an T-72 fanboi and that I think you should all jump on board the new ride

The point was that we finally have crewable Opfor vehicles and the potential for some genuine 'thinking' behind the enemy vehicle's for a change.

That opens up possibility or should.

I guess It's because I come from a flight sim background and I think how things would have gone their if people had demonstrated the same attitude to new ideas that are common place here.

Oh well apparently you guys prefer shooting robot fish in a barrel to the genuine unpredictability that a human opponent provides.

Oh well apparently you guys prefer shooting robot fish in a barrel to the genuine unpredictability that a human opponent provides.

No the point is I want my soldiers to be very good at the skills I need them to have which all relate to crewing and employing Australian kit.

There are no T-xx variants in our vehicle fleet so time spent by them learning how to employ / use that vehicle is a waste of the tax payer's money and more importantly time that they could spend better learning how to use the gear they do have.

The T-xx variants under AI control (or instructor control at F5) provide a perfectly adequate solution. The ADF doesn't need a crewable OPFOR vehicle (otherwise we would have paid to have one developed already).

I don't ask them to learn how to drive / crew Shermans or Panthers either because all they need to know is how to engage and destroy the AFVs they encounter (not be qualified to use them).

Just like the RAAF fighter pilots aren't required to learn how to fly say MIG-31. They just need to know how to kill it from their Super Hornet of JSF.

Again if for your entertainment, or professional development, you want to learn how use the vehicle great, but my guys don't need the intimate knowledge of the crew drills.

If they don't need it, nor do I.

No the point is I want my soldiers to be very good at the skills I need them to have which all relate to crewing and employing Australian kit.

There are no T-xx variants in our vehicle fleet so time spent by them learning how to employ / use that vehicle is a waste of the tax payer's money and more importantly time that they could spend better learning how to use the gear they do have.

The T-xx variants under AI control (or instructor control at F5) provide a perfectly adequate solution. The ADF doesn't need a crewable OPFOR vehicle (otherwise we would have paid to have one developed already).

I don't ask them to learn how to drive / crew Shermans or Panthers either because all they need to know is how to engage and destroy the AFVs they encounter (not be qualified to use them).

Just like the RAAF fighter pilots aren't required to learn how to fly say MIG-31. They just need to know how to kill it from their Super Hornet of JSF.

Again if for your entertainment, or professional development, you want to learn how use the vehicle great, but my guys don't need the intimate knowledge of the crew drills.

If they don't need it, nor do I.

We are talking about two different things here I am responding to a lack of willingness to play opfor in Zipuli's mission

You are talking about your Job :biggrin:

We are talking about two different things here I am responding to a lack of willingness to play opfor in Zipuli's mission

You are talking about your Job :biggrin:

1. I have no problem with playing OPFOR for Zipuli (in fact he asked if I could):

OPFOR seats also available, especially for a guy with your knowledge of these matters! Let it grow on you =)

2. Train hard, fight easy or to quaote Josephus:

‘their drills are bloodless battles, their battles bloody drills.’

That was when he canvassed for people to crew T-72.

Given that OPFOR wont be, I'm more than happy to help out there.

BTW: If you think that is "biting his hand off", you should see me if I need to launch at someone. :)

Cultural misinterpretation there Gibson me ol'mucker the biting of some ones hand is to imply a keenness to partake or general fanatical excitement at a worthy offer

however I believe my point is quite clear and it still stands you have a choice r2-t72 or a genuine crew but it would seem to be moot